- Nelson Mandela, South African Icon of Peaceful Resistance, Dies (New York Times).
20 best quotes (MSN).
- Authorities responding to a report of a body floating in the water (Live 5 News).
- Loud boom heard throughout Lowcountry (News 2).
- James Island Charter High Principal Bob Bohnstengel files lawsuit against school (Post & Courier).
- Local fast-food workers protest salary outside of Charleston McDonald’s (Post & Courier).
- Berkeley County fugitive Blanchard back in custody, sheriff’s office says (Post & Courier).
- Day 4 of sexual assault court martial for Coast Guard Petty Officer Omar Gomez (News 2).
- Female shipmates testify (ABC News 4).
- Study calls for expanding the state’s local produce economy (Post & Courier).
- The Ordinary, Ben Silver & More Featured on Esquire Network Show (HCS).
- Unsolicited Advice for Seeking Local Restaurant Advice (Post & Courier).
- S&S Cafeteria reopens after October fire (Post & Courier).
- Charleston's First Top Chefs (Charleston Magazine).
- Free Cake at Shoney’s This Friday (Post & Courier).
- Updating the Charleston Heatmap, December 2013 (Eater Charleston).
- Westbrook Brewing Named One of 2013′s Best Breweries (HCS).
- Every Day Without Chez Nous is a Day of Sadness (Eater Charleston).
- Bradford Watermelon Joins Slow Food Ark of Taste (Post & Courier).
- If Life Gives You Persimmons, Make Persimmon Cocktails (Post & Courier).
Elim Bolt get 'Dingy' in new video (Charleston City Paper).
Matt Monday prepping for a big year in 2014 (Charleston City Paper).
New Rachel Kate music video wades into Southern Gothic territory (Charleston City Paper).
- New South Carolina football team looking for players (News 2).
- Phil Niekro, Javy Lopez Highlight Hot Stove Banquet (HCS).
- Special cart helps paralyzed man return to golf course (ABC News 4).
- Stratford High football team heads to the state championship Saturday (News 2).
- Citadel QB Ben Dupree headed for all-star game; Bulldogs get commitments (Post & Courier).
- Disc Golf Party this Saturday at Brick House Kitchen (HCS).
- Coastal Carolina copes with Montana’s frozen-tundra advantage in FCS playoffs (Post & Courier).
- Soon, Clemson juniors could check out where they would get drafted in 2014 (Post & Courier).
- Holiday events calendar on overload this weekend (Charleston Scene).
- 2013 Holiday Gift Guide (Charleston City Paper).
- 12 Insane Things That Happened On My Night Out With Bill Murray (Thought Catalog).
S.C. penises are bigger than most, according to totally unscientific study (Charleston City Paper).
Spoleto Festival USA Announces Lineup (New York Times).
- New area code to be added to Lowcountry, Pee Dee area (Post & Courier).
- Police have confiscated 55 bicycles from King Street sidewalks (Charleston City Paper).
- Charleston County to consider multi-million dollar deal with TTC for training center in North Charleston (News 2).
- Meeting in North Charleston brainstorms ways to stop gun violence (Post & Courier).
- In South Carolina, Democrat keeps Obamacare at arm's length (CNN).
- Getting High In Charleston: A Photo Essay (Charleston Grit).
- Accident in McClellanville sends multiple people to the hospital (Live 5 News).
- SCDOT Commission approves I-526 completion project (News 2).
- The 2014 Charleston Comedy Festival Scheduled was released.
- Charleston needs to learn to love the cruise industry (Charleston City Paper).
- CCSD continues to make progress in bridging the achievement gap (News 2).
- Boulevard project opens in Mt. Pleasant (Live 5 News).
- From Charleston to the screen (Post & Courier).
- A jubilant Garden & Gun celebrates a budding success story in print media (Charleston City Paper).
- Haley to receive manufacturing award for jobs (ABC News 4).
- Keep the Midlands Beautiful hosting annual gala (The State).
- Funeral to be held Thursday for Florence deputy killed in crash (Live 5 News).
- FedEx Ground Package System building distribution center in Spartanburg County (GoUpstate.com).
- Separate trials requested in SC State case (ABC News 4).
- SC Medicaid program growing despite rejection of Obamacare (The State).
- Man sentenced to 22 years in prison for bank robberies (ABC News 4).
- Summerville man sentenced to 17 years for home break-in (Post & Courier).
- Accident shuts down two lanes of I-26 near exit 217 (ABC News 4).
- Boeing’s 777X site criteria revealed as Charlotte joins hunt (Post & Courier).
- Walterboro man accused of stealing fuel tanker in May jailed in Virginia after fatal wreck (Post & Courier).