- Strong winds call for caution on bridges, securing outside objects, weather service says (Post & Courier).
- Power restored to customers after barge makes contact with power line (Live 5 News).
- Fire breaks out at West Ashley apartment complex (News 2).
- Investigators: Fire started on 2nd floor balcony (ABC News 4).
- George Stinney hearing begins in Sumter (News 2).
- 14-year-old was executed in 1944.
A modern understanding of a long ago confession and a boy’s execution (Public Integrity, Dec. 2013).
- Prosecutor: New trial not needed for executed boy (ABC News 4).
- Sting catches rickshaw driver giving illegal tour (Post & Courier).
To be a guide, or not to be a guide… (See Charleston).
- DHEC: Stratford High School TB test results show no infection so far (Live 5 News).
- Biergarten Co-Owner’s Response to ‘Haters’ (Eater Charleston).
- Xiao Bao Biscuit Goes Sichuanese For Chinese New Year (Post & Courier).
- New Menu Details From Holy City Hospitality’s Michael’s on the Alley (Post & Courier).
- Hat Trick Botanical Gin (The Gin Is In).
- Crafty Draught’s Grand Opening This Saturday (Charleston Craft Beer).
- King Street Cookies Stays Open Later (Post & Courier).
CofC PRESIDENT SEARCH
College of Charleston begins narrowing presidential search (Charleston City Paper).
- College of Charleston president to be named in March (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Glenn McConnell criticized at King Day at the Dome rally (The State).
- Charleston police looking for person of interest (ABC News 4).
- Cops: Man claiming to be shooting victim admits he accidentally shot himself (Live 5 News).
- Charleston police release photos of suspect in downtown car break-in (Post & Courier).
- American Lafrance abrupt closing calls Warn Act into question (News 2).
- Come on down! Mt. Pleasant woman to appear on The Price is Right (Live 5 News).
Hotel Scam Alert (Mount Pleasant Police Department).
- Elevated homes could be more vulnerable to freezing pipes (Live 5 News).
Charleston food & bev industry targeted with opposition to guns in bars bill (Charleston City Paper).
- Parking Alert Issued for Saturday at the North Charleston Coliseum and Performing Arts Center. Attendees are Encouraged to Carpool and Arrive Early.
- Thieves steal $2M after planting devices on gas pumps in SC, Ga. (Live 5 News).
- Two Moultrie Middle eighth-graders travel to nation’s capital to interview living civil rights legend (Post & Courier).
- Charleston With Kids has launched a Community Exchange program (CWK).
- Bill raises teachers’ salaries to national average (ABC News 4).
- Furniture consignment shop opens in downtown Charleston (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- The (un)real world of SC-based reality TV shows (The State).
- Ship shape: Patriots Point hires firm to assess Yorktown repairs (Post & Courier).
- What Your State Wants, According to Google Autocomplete (Mashable).
- Gamecocks coach Frank Martin apologizes for tirade (ABC News 4).
- Clemson working on transition plan in wake of Kelly’s pending departure (Post & Courier).
- Sapakoff: ‘Lone Survivor’ lessons touch Wojcik, College of Charleston players (Post & Courier).
- Sheriff’s office: 11-year-old trapped in Upstate well (Live 5 News).
- State of the City: Mayor Benjamin wants to build ‘city of ideas’ (The State).
- Weather and Jetties a big cause of erosion on Folly Beach (News 2).
- Dog saves Florence County couple from major house fire (WBTW).
- Bill delays some flood insurance rate hikes (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Police: 13 & 16 year old boys arrested for armed robbery, larceny (Live 5 News).
- McNair Center continues astronaut’s legacy (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Former chief’s final wish to lure Andrews chief back to Lake City (ABC News 4).
- Restructuring bill heading to governor’s desk (ABC News 4).
- Adoption information fair set for Feb. 1 in North Charleston (Post & Courier).
- House members critical of DOT’s maintenance work (ABC News 4).
- One person transported to the hospital following Colleton Co. fire (Live 5 News).
- Govt. accuses military moving company of fraud (Post & Courier).
Will Moredock campaigns to topple ‘Pitchfork’ Ben Tillman statue at the Statehouse (Charleston City Paper).
- Report: SC man wielding machete attacked woman (The State).