- Lawmakers spark controversy with proposed bill to merge CofC, MUSC (ABC News 4).
- SCDOT blocked access to cameras on Ravenel, no reason given (News 2).
- Police saw signs of trouble day before DeClemente’s second standoff on Ravenel Bridge (Post & Courier).
- School officials: Student at elementary school finds gun in backpack (Live 5 News).
- Soggy Saturday set up (ABC News 4).
- Cainhoy Plantation zoning plan passes Charleston’s planning commission (Post & Courier).
- Historians push to preserve Cainhoy Plantation (Live 5 News).
- Former banker’s murder-for-hire trial to begin Monday (ABC News 4).
- Bail set for former firefighter accused in murder-for-hire plot (ABC News 4).
ORANGEBURG MASSACRE ANNIVERSARY
- Passing years don’t diminish need to address Orangeburg Massacre tragedy (The State).
- Orangeburg Massacre being observed at SC State (The Island Packet).
- Reality Show Makeover in Park Circle (Eater Charleston).
- Free Oysters at 82 Queen; Cheap Mimosas at 208 (Eater Charleston).
- Magnolia Plantation Hosts French-Themed Tea Party for Michaux (Post & Courier).
- Send Girl Scout cookies to troops overseas (ABC News 4).
- When His Pit Burned Down, Southern BBQ Master Took Hogs On Tour (NPR).
PHOTOS: Merle Haggard at the PAC (Charleston City Paper.
- PHOTOS: Yellowcard & What’s Eating Gilbert (CrowdAlbum).
- Mount Pleasant woman’s ‘Dear Mr. Manning’ letter goes viral (ABC News 4).
- Bone marrow registry personal to College of Charleston basketball player Mikaela Hopkins (Post & Courier).
- NATIONAL: Sochi Hijacking Attempt: Passenger Tried To Divert Plane To Russian Olympics With Bomb Threat (Huffington Post).
- Students evacuated from Orangeburg Co. high school after suspicious call (Live 5 News).
- SCHP investigating NCPD officer involved crash (News 2).
- Citizens donate bulletproof vest to K-9 Officer (ABC News 4).
- Boeing S.C. to produce 3 Dreamliners a month by midyear (Post & Courier).
- Reward increased for information on teen’s shooting death (ABC News 4).
- Lowcountry donations to help the homeless in “tent city” fill bus (News 2).
- Annual event benefits Hollings Cancer Center at MUSC (ABC News 4).
- Local reservist getting Bronze Star (Post & Courier).
- CPD tries to identify two suspects in West Ashley bank robbery (ABC News 4).
- Indiana man accused of groping woman in downtown Charleston (Live 5 News).
- Two St. George residents killed in separate wrecks Friday (Post & Courier).
- RiverDogs to hold job fair February 22 (News 2).
- School of Law means big money, but lawmakers not buying (Post & Courier).
- Two arrested on weapon charges after search of North Charleston home (Post & Courier).
- Prison chief wants mediation re-opened in mental health suit (Greenville Online).
- Ex-Hendrick sales manager sued in alleged scheme claims he was forced (Post & Courier).
- Ben Tillman was a racist, terrorist, and murderer: It’s time to take down his statue (Charleston City Paper).
- S.C. lawmakers take up ban on abortions at 20 weeks or pregnancy (The State).
- Under construction: Laing students turn construction zone into classroom (Live 5 News).
- One man shot dead in Walterboro (News 2).
- CFD gets three new fire trucks (ABC News 4).
- 40 bats removed from Orangeburg hospital after sightings (Live 5 News).
- Travel guide lists Charleston, waterfalls and all, as a top romantic getaway (Post & Courier).
- Stand Up Charleston: Project helps Maryville-Ashleyville residents solve community problems (News 2).
- Supervisor Dan Davis delivers Berkeley County’s State of the County address (News 2).
- Takes jab at budget, touts successes in annual address (Post & Courier).
- SC family shocked to find teen daughter’s fake sex site profile (News 2).
- SC senator proposes gas tax alternative (WBTW).
- Unclaimed Cash: Finding money the state owes you (ABC News 4).
- Coroner identifies woman killed in Dorchester County wreck (ABC News 4)
- South Carolina lawyer pleads guilty to defrauding clients (Post & Courier).