- Fire crews respond to Gilligan's restaurant on Johns Island (News 2).
- Sheriff: Orangeburg teen reported missing (ABC News 4).
- SC high school student stabbed to death after game (News 2).
- BCEC warns of fraudulent 'utility workers' (ABC News 4).
- Chris Latham's ex-wife testifies in murder for hire trial (News 2).
- The Lee Bros. Charleston Kitchen Finalist For IACP Cookbook Prize (Post & Courier).
- Half Off on the Good Stuff at Tristan (Eater Charleston).
- E-commerce site launches to connect coffee community (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- On Monday, February 3rd, The Kickin’ Chicken's owners presented checks totaling $32,852 to representatives from Camp Happy Days, Charleston Miracle League, Summerville Miracle League and James Island Outreach. The proceeds were raised during The Kickin’ Chicken’s 5th Annual Month of Giving campaign back in November of 2013.
- Tickets remain to Charleston Wine + Food Festival (Post & Courier).
- Fruitmania Gardening School This Weekend (Post & Courier).
- Cilantro's Gourmet Slips into the Lowcountry (Eater Charleston).
- Following the Chicken Feet Story Further (Post & Courier).
- Reviews: Elise Testone and Jordan Igoe’s Album Release Shows (Metronome Charleston).
- Sen. Grooms introduces separate MUSC-CofC merger bill in S.C. Senate (Post & Courier).
- Sen. Grooms on CofC-MUSC merger: Schools should quit complaining (Charleston City Paper).
- Haley to recruit jobs in Canada (ABC News 4).
- SC bill banning abortions after 19 weeks advances (Live 5 News).
- Deputies: Looters broke into homes during ice storm (ABC News 4).
- Dozens of animals lost or in need of adoption in Berkeley County after winter storm (News 2).
- Power outage cost one Summerville family everything they owned (Post & Courier).
- Counties dealing with storm debris removal (Live 5 News).
- Samaritan's Purse is helping residents of Berkeley County get their lives back to normal (News 2).
- DSS offers partial reimbursement for winter storm food loss (Live 5 News).
- SCE&G crews secure gas leak in downtown Charleston (Live 5 News).
- Charleston, North Charleston see drops in violent crime (Post & Courier).
- Coroner: Flu related death in Dorchester County (Live 5 News).
- Man wounded in North Charleston shooting (ABC News 4).
- SC Statehouse Has Earthquake System to Protect Building and People (News 2).
- Jadeveon Clowney: Motivated to be the best player in the NFL or satisfied to be a millionaire? (Post & Courier).
- Lowcountry remembers the H.L. Hunley (News 2).
- Teacher evaluation bill stalls in S.C. House subcommittee (Post & Courier).
A new digital public history project at the College of Charleston will launch on February 18th. The Lowcountry Digital History Initiative (LDHI) will be hosted by the Lowcountry Digital Library at the College of Charleston and is funded through grants from the Humanities Council of South Carolina and the Gaylord and Dorothy Donnelley Foundation.
- Early Bird Vendor Registration is Now Open for the Carolina Green Fair.
- Housing complaint: Charleston bank branch discriminates against Hispanics (Post & Courier).
- Toray announces $1 billion investment in SC plant (ABC News 4).
- SC governments could be banned from charging fee (Live 5 News).
- Sergeant Jasper apartment to be torn down this summer (Post & Courier).
- North Charleston ball park a step up for local players (ABC News 4).
What a federal judge’s ruling on same-sex marriage in Virginia could mean for S.C. (Charleston City Paper).
- College of Charleston faces crosstown rival Charleston Southern Wednesday (Post & Courier).
- S.C. inmates work for public, private sectors (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Man arrested in apparent Craig’s List motorcycle robbery (Live 5 News).
- CCSD issues summer feeding program reminder (ABC News 4).
- Lawyers say pitfalls remain for BYOD in the workplace (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Tennessee man arrested after Mount Pleasant police say he broke into ex-roommate's house (Post & Courier).
- Suspect sought for attempting to use stolen credit card in Goose Creek (Live 5 News).
- Summerville woman, 56, dies in Dorchester County wreck (ABC News 4).
- Charleston City Council to address support for shoreside power at downtown cruise terminal (Post & Courier).
- S.C. home prices up 5.3% in January (Charleston Regional Business Journal).