On Wednesday, the team at Wild Olive will partner with Ottavia Vistarino of Conte Vistarino Winery in Lombardia, Italy, for a four-course wine dinner.
Each dish, which will be created by Chef Jacques Larson and Chef de Cuisine Bradley Grozis, will pay homage to the Lombardia region, but will feature Lowcountry ingredients. A wine from Conte Vistarino will be paired with each course.
The menu is expected to include:
- Upon Arrival
- Franciacorta Villa Crespia
- First Course
- Celeriac sformato with an apple and arugula salad
- Pairing: Riesling
- Second Course
- Tortelloni di zucca
- Pairing: Pinot Nero Costa del Nero
- Third Course
- Stuffed quail over farro with sweet potato, mushrooms, and balsamic brown butter
- Pairing: Pinot Nero Pernice
- Fourth Course
- Pear crostata with spiced gelato
- Pairing: Costiolo Sangue di Giuda Dolce
The dinner begins at 6:30 pm and there is limited seating. To reserve a seat call 843-737-4177. The is cost is $65 plus tax and gratuity.
Wild Olive is located at 2867 Maybank Highway in Johns Island. For more information on the restaurant, visit their webpage.