The 2015 South Carolina high school football season unofficially kicks-off next week during the 45th annual Sertoma Football Classic. With over 30 local teams participating, this is easily the biggest Sertoma Classic to date.
The Sertoma Classic features multiple over two days (8/13 and 8/14) at The Citadel's Johnson Hagood Memorial Stadium in downtown Charleston. Gates open at 4:30 pm with the festivities starting at 5:30 pm on both days. Tickets are $12 and may be purchased here.
This year's event includes extra security and lighting, new teams, a Coach John McKissick night, a Team Hendrick Spirit Award, and powder puff games.
Here's this year's schedule:
Thursday, August 13, 2015
- Ridge Christian vs. Faith Christian (8 man)
- Stall vs. Lincoln
- North Charleston vs. First Baptist
- Powder Puff: North Charleston vs Stall
- Powder Puff: Military Magnet vs Garrett
- Military Magnet vs. Palmetto Christian
- Northwood Academy vs. Garrett
- Ashley Ridge vs. Baptist Hill
- Cane Bay vs. Bishop England
- West Ashley vs. St. Johns
- Stratford vs. Hanahan (2 quarters)
Friday, August 14, 2015 - Coach John McKissick Night
- St. John’s Christian vs. Coastal Christian (8 man)
- Academic Magnet vs. Pinewood
- Woodland vs. Burke
- Powder Puff: Fort Dorchester vs Hanahan
- Powder Puff Play-off: winner of game 1 vs winner of game 2
- Berkeley vs. James Island
- Wando vs. Porter Gaud
- Goose Creek vs. Timberland (2 quarters)
- Ft. Dorchester vs. Summerville (2 quarters)
If you can't make it to the Classic, you can listen to the games live on from 6 pm - 7 pm on WTMZ 910 AM. The Sertoma Football Classic highlight show will air at 7 pm on both nights of the Classic on Comcast C2. A delayed broadcast will air on the Monday after the Classic - also on Comcast C2 at 7 pm.
Proceeds from this year's event will be given to local charities and schools like Windwood Farm Home for Children & Family Services, Eagle Harbor Ranch, Trinity Worldwide Outreach Ministries, Camp Sertoma, and more.
There will be a $5 parking fee for all lots.
For more information on the Sertoma Classic, click here.