Earlier this week, the Charleston Symphony Orchestra (CSO) that its 2016-17 season, its 80th, will run from September to April and will feature a diverse array of musical performances.
This year's schedule includes:
Masterworks Series: CSO Music Director Ken Lam will conduct the Masterworks Series, showcasing symphonic masterpieces from the greatest classical composers
- Opening Gala – Leon Fleisher and Dvorák’s Ninth Symphony: Sept. 10, 2016
- Tchaikovsky’s Fifth Symphony: Sept. 30 and Oct. 1, 2016
- Mendelssohn’s Violin Concerto: Oct. 14and 15, 2016
- Brahms, A German Requiem: Nov. 18 and 19, 2016
- André Watts - Grieg Piano Concerto: Jan. 13and 14, 2017
- Mozart and Haydn: Feb. 10 and 11, 2017
- Beethoven’s Pastorale: Mar. 3 and 4, 2017
- Vaughan Williams, A Sea Symphony: Mar. 17 and 18, 2017
- Mahler’s Fifth Symphony: Apr. 21 and 22, 2017
Pops! Series: Yuriy Bekker, the CSO’s current concertmaster, is the Principal Pops! Conductor.
- Cirque de la Symphonie: Sept. 24, 2016
- Holiday Pops: Dec. 17, 2016
- Tony DeSare Sings Sinatra: Feb. 4, 2017
- Soul Unlimited with Ellis Hall: Apr. 1, 2017
- Family Matinee, Cirque de la Symphonie: Sept. 24, 2016
- Holy City Messiah: Dec. 1-3, 2016
- New Year’s Eve Ball: Dec. 31, 2016
Chamber Music series:
- Maryann McCormick Sings Bach: Oct. 29, 2016
- Canadian Brass: Dec. 21, 2016
- The Shanghai Quartet: Jan. 28, 2017
Subscription packages will be available to returning subscribers from February 26th to April 15th and to new subscribers beginning on April 16th. Single tickets will go on sale in August.
For more information, visit the CSO box office at 756 St. Andrews Boulevard, Charleston, SC, 29407, or call the box office at 843-723-7528, ext. 110. To view the entire CSO 2016-17 season, visit www.charlestonsymphony.org.