From Monday, August 1st through Friday the 5th, Uber will offer downtown Charleston residents more than just car rides. The company announced that UberTASTE, an on-demand lunch delivery service, will be available from 11 am to 2 pm each day.
Each day, one restaurant will prepare a signature dish that will be available for delivery within 10 minutes or less when ordered directly through the Uber app. Deliveries will only be available on the peninsula. Requesters will be charged a flat $5 fee per order, which includes both the meal price and delivery.
The schedule is as follows:
- Monday, August 1st: CO
- Rice noodles tossed in house-made Pad Thai and tamarind sauce sautéed with chicken, bean sprouts, egg, carrots, onions, scallions, napa cabbage, and chopped peanuts
- Tuesday, August 2nd: The Glass Onion
- Creole-style chicken and andouille sausage gumbo served with steamed white rice. Served with a hearty side of braised collard greens and homemade cornbread
- Wednesday, August 3rd: Crooked Crown
- Two Salvadoreño-style chorizo tamales stuffed with organic kale, onions, and garlic, wrapped in Crooked Crown's signature handmade masa and topped with cilantro and verde crema. Served with a side of traditional homemade salsa and fresh vegetable bean salad
- Thursday, August 4th: Artisan Meat Share
- Italian sandwich featuring a selection of house-cured meats, Auricchio provolone, shaved lettuce, onion, tomato, pepper rings, and AMS sauce served on a traditional sub roll. Served with a side of potato salad made with baked red skin potatoes, mayo, mustard, hard boiled egg, green onion, celery, carrots, vinegar, Parmesan, and dill (right)
- Friday, August 5th: Ted's Butcherblock
- Housemade alligator and pork sausage sandwich served on a freshly baked split roll with whole grain creole mustard on the side. Served with a side of red quinoa with feta cheese and cucumber, along with a summer succotash of local butter beans and corn
More information can be found here: https://www.uber.com/info/ubertaste/.