Pitt Street Pharmacy invites the community to help them celebrate their 80th anniversary on Sunday, June 25th from 2 pm - 6 pm in the Old Village of Mt. Pleasant. To mark this historic occasion, Pitt Street will be transformed into an old-time carnival complete with games, balloon animals, face painting and a kissing booth.
The celebration will also feature some modern treats like:
- A jump castle
- A photo booth,
- Snow cones by Pelican Snocones
- Live music from Stephen Darby
- Food trucks
- Roti Rolls and Dashi
- Watermelon served from the back of an old Ford F150 pickup
- "Dunk the pharmacist"
- Owner Kim Richardson suits up for the dunking booth
- One free scoop of delicious Wholly Cow ice cream for each person
Washington "Wattie" Zeigler opened the Pharmacy in 1937 when Pitt Street was Mount Pleasant's main shopping district.