Commonhouse Aleworks announced that professional brewer Shane Cummings will join co-owners Hank Hanna and Pearce Fleming as a core team member and will be named Head Brewer. His role will include production management, oversight of brewing and cellaring operations, product innovation, and establishing and maintaining quality assurances and controls. He previously worked as Lead Brewer at Westbrook Brewing in Mt. Pleasant. Commonhouse Aleworks is currently building in the Park Circle neighborhood of North Charleston with an anticipated opening in late 2017.
- SOL Southwest Kitchen in Downtown Charleston, Mt. Pleasant, and Summerville will be extending their Restaurant Week through Thursday, September 21st. All restaurants will offer a 2 Courses for $13 Lunch Menu and a 3 Courses for $25 Dinner Menu. For more information and to view the full menus, visit: https://solsouthwestkitchen.com/#special-events.
- Restaurant Week at The Crab Shacks lasts all month long. Enjoy a three-course meal featuring three of the most popular items on the menu - She Crab Soup, Crispy Fried Shrimp & Key Lime Pie - for $20.17. Guests can also enjoy buckets of 4 Buds for $9.99. For more info, visit https://crabshacks.com/specials.
- Lowcountry Giving Day, the day when the entire community can express its generosity by contributing to one of 150 charitable organizations in the community, will be held on Tuesday September 19th. Meals on Wheels of Charleston will participate in this year’s celebration with proceeds going to support basic and emergency meals for homebound seniors. Meals on Wheels provides more than 160,000 hot meals each year to those in need. You can support Meals on Wheels by donating at http://charlestonareaseniors.
com/meals-on-wheels/ on September 19th.
- 14th annual Dee Norton Child Advocacy Center Bus Shed Bash will be held on Thursday, October 19, 2017 from 7-10 p.m. at the Charleston Visitor Center Bus Shed. Tickets include food (Lewis Barbecue and Dixieland Delights), beer, wine, and live entertainment. Click here for tickets.
- Shem Creek Bar and Grill is extending their Restaurant Week off until Thursday, 9/21. Guests can enjoy a 3 for $35 menu featuring fresh seafood options as well as homemade desserts.
- September is National Pediatric Awareness Month and Camp Happy Days will host Pediatric Cancer Awareness Day on Sunday, September 24th. The event will be held at the Riverfront Park in North Charleston from 2 pm to 5 pm and will include special activities, snacks, and refreshments. More info can be found at: Facebook.com/CHDSouthCarolina.
- Events Calendar
- Food & Bev
- Charleston Accolades