- Join Mercantile and Mash on Wednesday, February 7th at 5 pm for their next wine social, The Love of Bubbles, and experience an exciting fusion of wine and design with local jewelry company BR Design. BR Design creates handcrafted polymer clay and naturally dyed wooden and leather bracelets, rings, earrings and necklaces. BR Design will be onsite selling their one-of-a-kind clay jewelry. Hors d'oeuvres and bubbles included.
Tickets are $20 and can be purchased online or at the door.
- On Thursday, February 8th, Mercantile & Mash hosts "A Carnevale Celebration" with guest chef Celia Cerasoli The evening starts with a reception at 6:00 p.m. when guests can mingle, sip Prosecco and enjoy light bites before dinner. This celebratory meal starts with family style antipasto, continues with handmade lasagna and traditional porchetta and finishes with Italian desserts and espresso. Specialty wines hand-selected by wine director, Vonda Freeman, will accompany the dinner. Tickets are $75 and going fast.
The Glass Onion will offer a special Valentine’s Day menu on February 14th. The menu will feature a glass of sparkling wine, soup or salad, ribeye or wholefish for two, and a dessert for $50 a couple. Reservations are recommended for dinner by calling 843-225-1717.
On Friday, February 2nd, Edmund’s Oast Exchange will kick off their weekly Fancy Wine Happy Hour, The series will be held each Friday from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm. Guests can enjoy a different region of wine each month and will have a chance to enjoy bottles rarely served by the glass and at reasonable prices. Burgundy will be the focus for February. 2009 Meursault from Chateau de Puligny-Montrachet will be available for $18/glass. Certified sommelier Sarah O’Kelley will be on hand to discuss the wines and regions.
Starting on Thursday, February 1st through Sunday, March 18th, SOL Southwest Kitchen & Tequila Bar in Mount Pleasant, Downtown Charleston and Summerville will be partnering with WINGS for Kids to raise money through the restaurant's Kitchen Karma program.
Through its Kitchen Karma program, SOL partners with a local nonprofit organization and donates $1 from every featured Kitchen Karma item sold in that time period to the partnering charity. The featured items for the WINGS for Kids partnership include the Wild Mushroom Quesadilla and Blood Orange Margarita.
- Ground broke Tuesday for Charleston Hospitality Group’s fourth Toast! location, this one in the Nexton community in Summerville. The newest Toast! is scheduled to open in late 2018 or early 2019.
- Love birds or singles looking to do something different this Valentine’s Day can sign-up for the special Yoga Love Class and Happy Hour at Edmund's Oast Brewing Company. Starting at 6:30 pm, participants can enjoy a one-hour yoga session in the brewing room, followed by a free beer and special Happy Hour deals. Cost is $15 per person. To learn more, click here.
- Husband-and-wife chefs Enan and Jenn Parezo will be hosting a special Valentine’s prix fixe dinner on Wednesday, February 14th at Twenty Six Divine. This set menu will include three courses and is $35/person. Dinner available by reservation from 5:30 pm to 9:30pm. Call (843) 297-8118 to reserve your table. Menu is available via website on Private Events page: www.twentysixdivine.com.
Sunday Tuk, Director of Sales for Tristan Catering + Events, has been elected to the Charleston Hotelier Network (CHN) Board of Members as Events Chair, where she will oversee all event planning for the group. The CHN is a non-profit, networking organization for hospitality professionals in the Charleston area. Tuk has been a member of the CHN since 2016 and will be bringing 15 plus years of hospitality experience to her new role with CHN.
- Events Calendar
- Food & Bev
- Charleston Accolades