Why watch the New York City ball drop on your TV, when you could watch a pair of giant sandals descend on Folly Beach? The Edge of America will once again celebrate New Year's Eve in the most Folly way possible - their annual Flip Flop Drop.
During the celebration, nearby restaurants will stay open and Center Street will be closed to traffic. Here's a look at this year's schedule:
- Plane Jane at The Washout starting at 8 pm
- Tides New Year’s Eve Beachfront Bash at 8 pm (buy tickets here)
- Planet Follywood New Year’s Eve Bash with DJ E at 9 pm
- Woody’s New Year’s Eve Bash and Meatball Drop at 9 pm
- Streets close at 10 pm
- Flip Flop Drop at 10 pm on Center Street
- Fireworks display beachside at midnight
Click here for more info.
Please note - all but the Flip Flop Drop are tentative