Here is the latest about the South Carolina Department of Revenue being hacked:
- The DOR is now saying that it wasn't just the 3 million-plus residents of the state who had their social security numbers hacked, but also the tax records of many businesses were stolen as well.
- A law firm has filed a class action lawsuit against Gov. Nikki Haley and the DOR.
- Experian, the credit watch-dog company, agreed to cap the state at $12 million for their services.
- It's also being reported that this is probably the largest cyber-attack against a state tax department in the nation's history.
- The activation code (if you haven't found it yet) for the Experian website is SCDOR123. This will get you one free year of credit monitoring. Do this ASAP.