Another Election Day has passed and America has made their choice - President Barack Obama was reelected to a second term. By now that is all common knowledge, but there are plenty of other important, hilarious, and ridiculous stories from last night.
Here is a collection of the best Election Night stories...
- First, here are the nation-wide results.
- No real surprises, but if you are interested HERE is how SC voted.
- Transcript of President Obama's victory speech.
- Transcript of Governor Romney's concession speech.
- Thurmond wins District 41.
- Dorchester County school referendum passes, meaning new facilities will be built.
- Berkeley County passed a similar referendum.
- Jim Clyburn and Tim Scott easily won re-election.
- Tom Rice won the new District 7 seat.
- Walterboro passed an alcohol sales referendum, which allows alcohol sales on Sunday.
The States' Level
- Wisconsin's Tammy Baldwin becomes first openly gay senator.
- U.S. Representative Jesse Jackson Jr., who has made no public appearances in months due to illness and who faces a criminal probe, easily won re-election to his Illinois district.
- Maine & Maryland became the first states to pass same-sex marriage by popular vote.
- In related news, Minnesota defeated a gay marriage amendment that would have put "man-woman marriage" into the state's constitution.
- Voters in Colorado and Washington legalized recreational marijuana use.
- Florida still has problems with their voting processes.
- Puerto Rico may be pushing to become a state.
- Was Diane Sawyer drunk on-air last night? Thanks to the magic of Twitter, many people tuned to ABC to watch the train-wreck. It sure looked like she was under the influence.
- Sean Hannity tweeted a picture of his completed ballot, which is, you know, against the law.
- Donald Trump had a Twitter meltdown after the results were given.
- SNL Alum Victoria Jackson is having her own Twitter meltdown.
- Even after Fox News had called the election, Karl Rove decided to argue the results.