“Rumors & Notes” – I’ll post these little tidbits when there are stories that can’t be completely confirmed or don’t constitute a full blog entry, but deserve some attention.
- Southern Season, a North Carolina specialty foods retailer, plans to open a store in the summer of 2013 in the former location of Food Lion in the Brookgreen Town Center (Mount Pleasant Patch).
- Republic Reign is opening "soon" in the former location of Chai's (The Digitel Charleston).
- The great white shark that's been around Charleston, was tracked near Johns Island (Post & Courier).
- North Charleston nears deal to redevelop Shipwatch Square, Naval Hospital area (The Digitel Charleston).
- Woman Attacked for Bringing Lunch to a Friend (West Ashley Patch).
- Former Lt. Gov. Ken Ard Gives First Interview Since Resigning (Mount Pleasant Patch).
- Boys plunge into creek when bridge gives way in Brickyard in Mount Pleasant (Post & Courier).
- The good news continues for Nick Collins (WCBD)