Thank you so much for supporting HolyCitySinner.com. It is my passion to talk about, promote, experience and celebrate the city of Charleston. I hope you had as much fun reading this site as I had creating it.
Here's a look back at the past year...
- HCS reached its 1-year anniversary.
- Year-over-year the site shattered all previous highs in page views.
- Busiest month was August with December being a close second.
- The busiest day was August 28th.
The top story (as far as page views were concerned) was the "Charleston Flooding" entry from 8/28/12.
Other Top Stories
- The SC Department of Revenue was hacked.
- Folly Beach Bans Alcohol.
- Charleston was named the Best City in the WORLD.
- Nick Collins's accident and subsequent recovery efforts.
- Mt. Pleasant resident Elise Testone made it onto American Idol.
- Actors Ryan Reynolds & Blake Lively wed at Boone Hall Plantation.
- The Ravenel Bridge was shut-down by a seemingly suicidal man.
- #26Acts launched in the wake of the Newtown, CT shootings.
- Vice President Joe Biden stopped traffic a couple times.
- Kate got her dog!
Big stories I didn't cover extensively, but were quite newsworthy
- Jim DeMint resigns and Tim Scott replaces him,
- Skip Reville was sent to prison
- James Island became a town.
- The I-526 completion was approved.
- The first SC-made Dreamliner was shown by Boeing.
Some of my favorites from this year (in no particular order)
- The Orange Spot Coffeehouse - From a dream to reality. I've loved watching the growth of Laura and Julie's idea and getting to know them on a personal level as well.
- Dulce Truck - Delicious desserts, refreshing beverages and an excitable and personable owner - what more could you want? It was great getting to know Erika as we crossed paths at a few events. Be sure to stop at her truck when you see it - you will NOT be disappointed.
- Old You - The first time I heard them play was this year and I've been hooked ever since. Amazing musicians who are also really down-to-Earth and friendly.
- Dangermuffin - Loved the album they released this year (Olly Oxen Free) and enjoyed seeing them live a couple of times.
- The Charleston Pour House - I had fun working on their Street Team and seeing some great shows there this year. They also give my site a lot of love via Twitter and Facebook.
- Haypenny Confections - A new business that makes a great product. I love their s'mores and ingenuity. I was also drawn to the fact that Danielle and Tanner have day jobs, but dedicate a lot of time to their passion. That is something I can certainly relate to.
- No Rules, Just Mics - I was happy to join my friend Topher Cassidy as a co-host of an internet radio show. In the new year we plan on interviewing some Charleston folks.
- Foodmancing The Girl - Always enjoyed the website and Twitter feed, but was happy to meet Charles, the man behind it all, late this year.
- Charleston Onion - I was glad to watch Brandt grow his snarky Twitter feed into a full-fledged website with Charleston-based satirical news. I got plenty of chuckles from him this year.
- Crowfield - I did a lot of work promoting their album release show because I really enjoyed their music. I was able to briefly talk to Tyler (the lead singer) on a couple occasions and he was always willing to speak with me and appreciative of the support I gave them.
- Kacie Faulling Event Hair & Makeup - Kacie, besides having a successful business and being a nice person (and Giants fan to boot!), was extremely accommodating after the Ryan Reynolds/Blake Lively wedding. She provided me with pictures of her work on Florence Welch and answered questions despite being flooded with interview requests.
- SquidCloud - The owner, Jeff, was really helpful with questions I had about additions/formatting/etc. for this site. I highly recommend him if you need any help with your website.
- Adam Crisp with Mount Pleasant Patch - Adam asked if I'd like to blog for Patch to help cross-promote our sites. It has definitely been mutually beneficial and gave me another readership to reach.
- Ken Hawkins with The Digitel Charleston - Ken has supported me by posting (or allowing me to post) many of my pieces on his site. This has also lead to an increase in my readership.
- The Wolf 96.9 - Mentioned my website on-air on Election Day. It was one of the most exciting things to happen to my website this year. Thank you to whoever did it!
BIG THANK YOUS
- Crystal Bruce (ABC News 4)
- AshPash (WRFQ/WEZL)
- Jonah Jeter (The Becket Agency)
- Ryan Nelson (Nelwater Consulting)
- Ashley Caldwell and Jessica Turner (The Modern Connection)
- David Regan (Regan Management Group
- "Exposur3" (Charleston Reddit page)
...for providing me with info and/or their support via social media and blog postings that have gotten me plenty of views and new followers.
A GIGANTIC Thank You
To Ms. Holy City Sinner for constantly supporting this strange passion I have and allowing me to do something that makes me happy.
I'm sure I missed plenty of folks, but it has been a busy and incredible year. I apologize for any oversight(s).
And finally, Thank YOU - yes YOU!!! Seriously, thanks to each and every one of you who read my pieces, retweeted me, shared an article or just glanced at my website. You rock my socks.