Here are today's Rumors & Notes...
- Sports Illustrated had a story this week about Jack Taylor, the Division III basketball player who scored 138 points in a game this year. In the story, the magazine profiled Frank Selvy, the former Furman player who tallied 100 points back in 1954. Although Taylor broke his record, Selvy still holds the Division I record for points in game. The article mentioned that Selvy currently resides near Greenville.
- Congrats to Girls Rock Charleston who met their goal on Indiegogo! The money they received will go towards two after-school programs.
- If you were on Folly Beach you saw large sandals drop to bring in the New Year (ABC News 4).
- Group to release statement on police presence in North Charleston schools (ABC News 4).
- At least two dozen in jail for alcohol-related crimes on New Year’s Eve (Post & Courier).
- Garden to honor 1.5M children killed in Holocaust being Planned for Charleston (Count on 2 News).
- Mount Pleasant Patch has some pictures from the Polar Bear Plunge on Sullivan's Island. The picture above is from that entry.
- Speaking of the Plunge, there was a slight mishap early on (Post & Courier).