The 5th Annual Gourmet & Grapes Weekend starts this Friday at The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort.
The event will once again benefit the Hollings Cancer Center at MUSC. According to the official website, the event has raised more than $500,000 for cancer research since 2009.
The weekend will have many events for you to attend. Details are below.
Friday, February 8, 2013
6:30 pm - An Epicurean Affair featuring Executive Chef Justin Bogle of Gilt at The New York Palace paired with award winning wines of Lionello Marchesi from Tuscany - The Ocean Room, The Sanctuary
$295 per person
- Elegant, black-tie reception and distinctive multi-course dinner with exquisite wine pairings from Lionello Marchesi portfolio. With the breathtaking Ocean Room as a backdrop, savor a luxurious evening with the region's most celebrated culinary visionaries.
Saturday, February 9, 2013
12 pm - Gourmet Culinary Luncheon featuring Executive Chef Scott Crawford of The Umstead Hotel & Spa paired with Jordan Winery - The Ocean Room, The Sanctuary
- Exquisite culinary demonstration and elegant multi-course luncheon held in the picturesque Ocean Room. Our guest chef will describe and demonstrate the preparation of the dishes, while Emmanuel Padilla will pour specially selected wines from Jordan Winery for each course.
2 pm - Build Your Own Afternoon with Wine and Champagne - The Sanctuary
- After lunch guests can attend one of two great wine seminars featuring Moet Hennessy and Cain Vineyard & Winery!
6 pm - Wine Odyssey Gala - The Terrace Ballroom, The Sanctuary
- Savor the flavors of the Southeast. Meet the chefs and taste their unique creations while sipping on distinctive wines from around the world at this main event and auction gala. Then, dance the night away with a champagne and chocolate afterglow.
Sunday, February 10, 2013
11:30 am - Farewell Brunch - Jasmine Porch, The Sanctuary
- Celebrate the weekend and salute the chefs at this seaside brunch.