I have no idea if Charleston has a gun problem or not, but I was curious to see how many incidents would occur over the next year.
I do not claim that this list is comprehensive (it’s hard to find every single gun-related incident). If you know of a story that is missing, let me know.
If I saw a story about someone being shot – whether self-inflicted or not – it was added to this entry. I also provided the type of gun used (when that information was available).
You can draw your own conclusions from this list…
2013 Charleston-area Shootings
- James Island man shot gun into air on New Year’s Day.
- .40-caliber Smith & Wesson
- Ravenel man dies after accidentally shooting himself while cleaning guns.
- SLED charges Bennettsville man with shooting death of 8-year-old son.
- SC woman shoots self while seeking gun in purse.
- Charleston police investigating downtown shooting (1/7/13).
- Alleged shooter: 15-year-old made fun of my sister (St. Stephen).
- No concrete info on the two guns used. Article mentions at least one was a pistol.
- Accidental shooting in Walterboro.
- 4 wounded in Goose Creek shooting.
- Two wounded after shooting at Ashley Phosphate intersection
- 1 injured in W. Ashley shooting, police investigating
- Coroner identifies 21-year-old shot, killed in N. Charleston.
- 64-year-old man shot 3 times in the head (Ridgeville).
- Two people injured following shooting in Moncks Corner.
- Police: Gunshot wound reported at North Charleston hotel self-inflicted.
- Suspect sought following shooting on I-526.
- 1 dead in shooting outside Berkeley Co. cafe.
- Shooting death in Johns Island.
- Police investigating after motorist reports being shot at on I-26.
- Two shot, one killed in early morning shooting.
- Walterboro 12-year-old accidentally shot while playing with shotgun.
- Stretch of I-26 in N. Charleston scene of several recent shootings.
- Schools placed on lockdown after North Charleston shooting sends one to the hospital.
- Shots fired near Rivers Ave shopping center.
- Man accused of firing shotgun at downtown home.
- Close call for baby after man fires rifle inside apartment.
- Budweiser delivery truck driver shot in N. Charleston.
- Police investigate second North Charleston shooting.
- CCSO: Man seeks help for gunshot wound at fire station.
- Cops: Teen, juveniles shot at while driving in W. Ashley.
- SLED investigating officer-involved shooting in Orangeburg.
- Cops return to scene of latest fatal N. Charleston shooting.
- From 3/21: 5th shooting in 4 days in North Charleston.
- Police investigate shooting near R.B. Stall High School.
- Shooting in North Charleston.
- North Charleston police searching for gunman who they say shot man in the leg.
- Man kills himself during traffic stop near Goose Creek.
- Police investigate bullet holes found in North Charleston home.
- Police: Gun found next to woman’s body in N. Charleston.
- Report: Woman says ‘You ain’t gonna leave me like that’, shoots boyfriend in leg.
- Charleston man arrested on weapons charges.
- One person shot after apparent Summerville home invasion.
- Police, sheriff’s office investigating shots fired in West Ashley.
- Charleston County deputies investigating shooting at Johns Island store.
- Gunman sought after robbery at check-cashing business
- Handgun used, No shots fired
- Police investigating shots fired in North Charleston.
- Mother, children unharmed after man fires into apartment.
- One wounded in shooting in Goose Creek, police say.
- Mount Pleasant man arrested after witnesses say he dropped Jeep top, shot it and threatened witness.
- Motorcyclist accused of firing at officers in chase through North Charleston.
- Two injured in shooting at Ladson residence.
- Dozens of shots fired outside Club Pluto.
- SWAT takes man into custody after reports of shotgun fire.
- Police investigate North Charleston shooting.
- Police: Man shot in face during dispute over parking space.
- North Charleston police: Gunman failed in attempt to rob people remodeling house.
- Deputies identify suspect in Goose Creek shooting.
- 1 wounded in Berkeley County shooting.
- Teen charged for shooting in Summerville home invasion.
- Convenience store clerk shot and killed on Savannah Highway.
- North Charleston police seek suspect in Kenwood Drive shooting this morning; one man wounded.
- CCSD: Several schools on lockdown for shooting in area.
- Search on for suspects after clerk shot inside Knight’s Food Store on Rivers Avenue.
- Police: Fugitive crashes SUV after robbing woman at gunpoint.
- Cops: Teen shot brother in back during argument.
- Authorities investigating Ladson double shooting.
- One person shot outside club in Ladson overnight.
- Police: Man shot outside apartments in West Ashley.
- Teen shot in testicles taken to MUSC.
- NCPD investigate possible murder-suicide.
- Repo man allegedly shot at while trying to repossess vehicle in North Charleston.
- North Charleston suspect charged with shooting at another man during holdup outside Greyhound station on Dorchester Road.
- Questions remain after 3 die in violence at North Charleston motorcycle accessory shop.
- Charleston police investigating downtown shooting.
- Man found shot on Clements Ferry Road
- 3 cars hit by stray bullets in North Charleston club shooting.
- Vehicle shot at multiple times in N. Charleston, one injured.
- Two people shot at on I-26 following downtown rap concert.
- One dead, two injured after early morning shooting on Meeting Street in Charleston.
- Goose Creek woman fatally shot on her birthday.
- North Charleston police investigate murder.
- Downtown shooting sends one to hospital.
- Two unrelated shootings injure five in Goose Creek.
- Cops: Man fired shot at victim over car’s loud music.
- Man, 19, dies from wounds received in North Charleston shooting; police upgrade charge against suspect.
- NCPD investigating possible drive-by shooting.
- Cops: Man points gun, threatens to kill taxi driver over fare.
- Man wounded in Balsam Street shooting, Charleston police seek suspect.
- Man dead after being shot outside of nightclub.
- Two injured in shooting in downtown Charleston.
- Cops: Video game players terrorize 9 teens at James Island home.
- Police: Man accidentally shot himself while cleaning Glock pistol in Hanahan.
- Police arrest suspect after fatal shooting in N. Charleston.
- Charleston police arrest suspect in armed robbery on Wateree Drive.
- Family identifies baby shot by older brother; mom issued $38K bond.
- Report: Man killed over spilled beer, fight.
- Police: Man fires shots into ex-girlfriend’s trailer in North Charleston.
- Police investigating fatal Summerville shooting.
- Woman wounded in driveby shooting in Walterboro.
- Cops: 63-year-old fires multiple shots outside Mt. Pleasant hotel.
- Official: Dorchester Road body result of fight, shooting Thursday night.
- Deputies searching for suspects who shot at Summerville home.
- Man shot outside North Charleston nightclub.
- Man faces drug charges after report of shots fired.
- Police: Man shot in leg near Park Circle.
- NCPD: Man injured in drive-by shooting.
- Police called out to shots fired at Citadel Mall.
- Charleston police investigating deadly West Ashley shooting.
- Teen arrested for murder after missing man’s body found.
- Shots fired after apparent argument in Moncks Corner.
- SLED investigates deputy-involved shooting on James Island.
- Shooting death in Mount Pleasant, according to authorities.
- Cops: Man behind bars for shooting victim in attempted robbery.
- Man shot in arm in downtown Charleston.
- Police respond to Downtown shooting.
- CPD: Officers respond to shooting on America Street.
- Student hit by stray bullet at Goose Creek High School.
- Downtown man charged in connection to fatal N. Charleston shooting.
- Two injured in shooting, NCPD looking for suspect.
- One person hospitalized after Summerville shooting.
- Double shooting in North Charleston, one dead.
- 32-year-old woman dies after shooting at Berkeley County nightclub.
- Sheriff’s deputies, Walterboro police investigating two gang-related shootings, officials say.
- Victim of West Ashley shooting identified.
- Deputies: Man with shot gun robs pizza restaurant.
- Car accident and shooting sends one person to jail.
- Report: Gunfight outside motorcycle club injures bystander.
- Report: Bullet holes found in car, driver spits out drugs.
- Police: Teen injured in shooting, suspect arrested.
- 4 injured during shooting, fight outside SC bar.
- Police: 13-year-old shoots teen during argument over gangs.
- CCSD officials say shots fired *NEAR* Burns Elem. School.
- N. Charleston drive-by shooting leaves victim in critical condition.
- Investigators responding to shooting in North Charleston.
- Off-duty North Charleston firefighter injured in accidental shooting, spokesperson says.
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend
By Jeff Walker, Entertainment Writer We at Holy City Sinner thank you for your patronage and hope 2021 is an...
Preservation Society will Offer Lineup of Diverse Tours and Events this May
The Gibbes Museum Celebrates Japanese Art with Two Special Exhibitions
Ohm Radio Announces Farewell to Workshop Party
New Nonprofit Addressing Trauma to Host Launch Event on April 18th
Edmund’s Oast and Kings Leaf Cigars Partnering for “The Palmetto Puff” Fuente Cigar Dinner
Hermosa Jewelry and Brown Fox Coffee Partner for April Artisan Market
Uncategorized3 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
Resources8 years ago
Do You Speak Charleston? Pronunciation Guide
Uncategorized9 months ago
How to Use Instagram For Your Music Career?
Resources8 years ago
Charity6 years ago
Charleston Nonprofits & Charities
Events1 day ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend