The first episode of Welcome to Myrtle Manor is in the books. If you missed it, I'm sure it will be replayed a billion times over the coming months on TLC. But, really, you didn't miss that much.
As expected, the show was quirky, cheesy, and not close to any sort of actual "reality." Highlights (I use this term loosely) included a minor disagreement over rent, a lovers' quarrel, and a naked grandma. I wish I was joking about the latter.
With that said, it will surely be a guilty pleasure for many of us. Plus, many Charlestonians have at least a passing interest in the show since it was filmed just a little ways up the highway from the Holy City.
Here's a round-up from local media regarding the new show:
- Article including short blurbs about each of the characters.
- TLC'S 'Myrtle Manor' premieres to mixed reaction from Myrtle Beach residents.
Myrtle Beach tourism official sounds off on ‘Welcome to Myrtle Manor.’
‘Myrtle Manor’ cast prepare for life as reality TV stars.
- 'Welcome To Myrtle Manor' Premiere: Elderly Woman Skinny Dips In The New Pool.
- It’s Impossible To Pick A Favorite Character On TLC’s Welcome To Myrtle Manor.
- Still have Myrtle Manor Mania? Then follow the characters on Twitter:
- The official show account
- Amanda Adams
- Chelsey Keller
- Jared Stetson
- Lindsay Colbert
- Marvin the Security Guard
- Taylor Burt
- And Gus the Bulldog