***UPDATE, 1/14/14*** - The commercial is here.
***UPDATE, 1/13/14, 9:45 pm*** - Multiple people have told me that a commercial for Southern Charm has begun running on BRAVO. As soon as I can find it, I will post it for you all.
***UPDATE, 4/20/13, 11:11 am*** - The trailer has been removed after FITSNews was asked by the attorneys for Haymaker Productions, Bravo and NBCUniversal to do so.
--Original piece below
FITSNews has uncovered a trailer for the upcoming Charleston-based reality TV series Southern Charm....and it ain't pretty. The trailer, which goes by Southern Gentlemen, the show's original name, sheds some light on what you can expect from the Bravo program and also introduced a few new cast members that were previously unannounced. The new faces featured were Lindsay (a College of Charleston student whose last name was not given), Thomas Bennett and Chris Landers. Although not featured in the trailer, FITSNews is reporting that Kathryn Dennis may also appear on the show (look for more information on these folks in a later piece). The preview also confirmed the inclusion of the originally rumored cast of Thomas Ravenel, Shep Rose, and J.D. Madison. Here's what I learned after watching the trailer:
- There were plenty of stunning shots of the beautiful Holy City
- Yup...that's about it
- Much of the cast came of as you would expect - pretentious, douchey, and arrogant.
- Rose is seen driving through the woods while drinking what appears to be an alcoholic beverage.
- Ravenel's admission that he should have "kept his mouth shut and hired a lawyer" after he was arrested on drug charges...instead of, you know, not committing the crime in the first place.
- Honestly, there's about 10 more things I could add to the lowlight list, but you get the idea.
You can watch the train wreck for yourself here. -Video was removed from the source.