***UPDATE - 3:04 pm***: WCBD is now reporting that New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Oprah Winfrey are also in town.
The station is also reporting that everyone is here to attend a two-day conference regarding the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
If you want to get near the Sanctuary, well, good luck. WCBD says security is extra tight.
---Original Piece below
Some SUPER large bank accounts have arrived in the Holy City.
According to WCBD, Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates, multi-billionaire Warren Buffett, chairman and founder of Quicken Loans and current owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers Dan Gilbert, and former Florida Governor Jeb Bush are all in town for unknown reasons. They are all reportedly staying at the Sanctuary on Kiawah Island.
Here's some information on our wealthy guests:
- Gates net worth is estimated to be about $67 billion.
- Gates is a board member of Berkshire Hathaway, the holding company where Buffett is a primary shareholder and the chairman and CEO.
- Buffett's net worth is estimated to be $53.5 billion.
- Buffett was named the world's wealthiest person in 2008.
- Bush served as the Governor of Florida from 1/5/99 until 1/2/07.
- Bush's father is Former President George H.W. Bush and his brother is former President George W. Bush.
- Gilbert also owns the American Hockey League's Lake Erie Monsters, the Arena Football League's Cleveland Gladiators and the NBA Development League's Canton Charge. He is also the chairman of Rock Gaming.