Here's the latest on Tropical Storm Andrea
- Predictions from Live 5 News:
- Rain from the storm is expected to reach the Lowcountry by 2 pm today (Thursday, 6/6/13).
- The heaviest impact will occur approximately between 9 pm Thursday and 6 am Friday.
- Expect 30 to 45-mile-per-hour wind gusts and at least three to five inches of rain. Expect flooding and the possibility of trees and branches falling.
- High tide comes just before 8 am, so flooding is expected to cause some problems downtown.
- There's an increased risk of isolated tornadoes over the next two days.
- Follow Charleston Weather on Twitter and keep an eye on their list of local meteorologists.
- The National Weather Service’s website.
- The NWS’s coverage of Andrea.
- The NWS’s Hurricane/Tropical Storm Preparedness Guide
- You can watch Live 5 News’ Storm Tracker here.
- Closures and cancellations from ABC News 4.
- Closures and cancellations from Live 5 News.
- If you are flying out of Charleston, check your flight status here.
- Post & Courier's coverage.
- OPCON4 declared in Charleston County.
- Coast Guard urges boaters to prepare for Andrea.
- Commuters face one-two punch from Andrea.
- City will provide free parking in SC Aquarium garage after 5 pm Thursday if you are worried about flooding in low-lying areas.
- Crosstown could be closed Friday.
- Beaufort Co schools WILL be closed Friday.