Here's a round-up of today's unique situation on the Ravenel Bridge:
- 7 am - The first calls about the potential jumper come into police.
- The jumper, a man, parked his vehicle in the "southbound lane of the Ravenel Bridge, stepped across the barrier and threatened to jump as he walked back and forth on the ledge" (WCBD).
- 11:40 am - Originally, police only closed two lanes on the bridge, but around this time they close all lanes on the southbound side.
- 11:47 am - Glen Smith from the Post & Courier was the first to mention that police were offering the suspect a slice of pizza.
- 12:06 pm - Smith tweets out Grace Beahm's picture of a police officer holding the pizza box, later identified as being from Andolini's.
- 12:11 pm - The suspect was taken into custody.
- 12:23 pm - The bridge is reopened.
- Man taken into custody after threatening to jump from Ravenel Bridge (Live 5 News).
- The day Mount Pleasant traffic stood still (Post & Courier).
- Mount Pleasant pizza man center of attention after police use his pie to help coax possible jumper from Ravenel Bridge (Post & Courier).
Andolini's reports spike in orders after cops talk down jumper with pepperoni pie (Charleston City Paper).
- Is Andolini's Pizza Having the Weirdest Day Ever? (Eater CHS).
- By this afternoon the story made its way to the front page of Reddit.
- Mt. Pleasanters react to bridge jumper holdup (Charleston City Paper).