It's been a busy news day in Charleston and throughout the country. To keep you in the loop, here's a look at some of the top stories:
- Supreme Court gives two big victories for gay rights (CNN).
- Part of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) was defeated
- Same-sex marriages to resume in California.
Charleston's LGBT community reacts to the DOMA/Prop 8 rulings (Charleston City Paper).
- NFL player Aaron Hernandez arrested, released by New England Patriots (ESPN).
- Source: Murder-for-hire suspect commits suicide (Live 5 News).
- Murder suspect Jeff Eady returns to face charges (ABC News 4).
- Summerville teen recovering from Kiawah shark attack (Live 5 News).
- Mt. Pleasant mayor not seeking re-election, source says (Live 5 News).