The Mozart in the South Festival returns to the Holy City beginning this Friday. This year's event features a handful of activities presented by Chamber Music Charleston, a nonprofit organization dedicated to "the advancement of classical music through chamber music performances and educational programs of high artistic quality performed by musicians of the Lowcountry."
Here's a look at the festival schedule:
Friday, September 20th
- 5 pm - Violin Masterclass - Sottile Theatre
- Guest violinist Elizabeth Pitcairn leads a masterclass for some of Charleston's most accomplished student violinists.
- 7:30 pm - Beethoven: His Women & His Music - Sottile Theatre
- A Collaboration between Chamber Music Charleston and Actors Theatre of SC
Saturday, September 21st
- 8:30 am - Little Mozart Circus - Marion Square
- A free outdoor family event showcasing music educational opportunities in Charleston
Sunday, September 22nd
- 3 pm - Finale Concert - Cathedral of St. Luke & St. Paul
- Featuring acclaimed concert violinist Elizabeth Pitcairn performing on the 1720 "Red Mendelssohn" Stradivarius.