James Beard Award-winning chef John Currence will visit the High Wire Distilling Co. on Tuesday, November 19th for a stop on his book tour. Currence is promoting his recently-released cookbook, Pickles, Pigs & Whiskey. Currence is behind the following Oxford, MS establishments: City Grocery, Boure, Big Bad Breakfast, Snackbar and The Main Event.
Some local chefs have been invited to the Charleston event to help cook and present some of the items found within the book.
The chefs scheduled to appear include:
- Jason Stanhope, FIG
- Josh Keller, Two Boroughs Larder
- Sean Brock, McCradys and Husk
- Stuart Tracy, Butcher & Bee
Wine, spirits, and beer will also be included:
- Punch by John Currence
- Cocktails by High Wire Distilling, Bittermilk
- Special brew by Edmunds Oast/Charleston Beer Exchange
- Wines by Grassroots Distributing
- Whisper Creek Tennessee Sipping Cream
Tickets are $75 and includes a copy of the cookbook. Must be 21 or older.
For more information click here.