As you probably know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which means you will be seeing a lot of pink in the coming weeks. The Lowcountry always does a great job of drawing attention to the cause and this year won’t be any different.
Here's a look at some of this year's Breast Cancer Awareness events:
- “The Fighting Lady is in The Fight” Campaign - Patriots Point
- Drink Pink - Slightly North of Broad, High Cotton Charleston, and the Old Village Post House
- Restaurants will donate $1 for each glass of Segura Viudas Sparkling Rosé purchased to help support breast cancer research at the Hollings Cancer Center at MUSC.
- Light the Town Pink
- “Cupcake for the Cure” - Cupcake Down South.
- For every one of these cupcake sold, the bakery will donate $1 to the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
- Boone Hall Corn Maze Goes Pink
- 10/4/13 - Benefit for a Goddess! Breast Cancer Awareness - Nolas Salon, Summerville
- 10/5/13 - Party In Pink CRAZY SOCKS Edition 80s STYLE - Northwoods Gym
- 10/9/13 - Think Pink: Breast Cancer Symposium - Charles Towne Landing Founders Hall
- 10/9/13 - Rockers 4 Knockers / Breast Cancer Awareness Pre-Party - Mynt
- 10/11/13 - Second Annual Lowcountry BreastFest: Pink Tie Gala - The Lighthouse on the Creek
- 10/13/13 - 3rd Annual Rockers 4 Knockers - Shem Creek
- 10/16/13 - Ladies' Night at the Brewery - Westbrook Brewing Co
- 10/19/13 - Komen Lowcountry Race for the Cure - Daniel Island
- 10/19/13 - East Cooper Crafter's Guild Craft Show - BI-LO Palmetto Pavilion
- 10/20/13 - Cupcake Ride 2013 - TrySports Mount Pleasant
- 10/23/13 - Happy Hour - Fish. Restaurant will be donating $1 for every pink cocktail and glass of pink wine sold during their Happy Hour.
- 10/24/13 - Ladies Night Out - Roper Hospital Lobby, 316 Calhoun Street