Louie’s Kids announced the list of celebrities who will play in the 3rd Annual Slim Down the South Celebrity Softball Challenge on Saturday, November 9. The event takes place at Joe Riley Park and raises funds for Louie’s Kids, a local nonprofit organization that helps identify treatment programs for overweight and obese children.
The biggest name on the list is comedian and actor Bill Murray who will return to the game after missing last year's event. Other big names include singer Elise Testone, actors from Army Wives, and members of Shinedown and Hootie & Blowfish.
Gates open at noon with entertainment beginning at 12:30 pm. Tickets can be purchased here.
Here's the entire list of celebrities that have committed:
- Bill Murray, Comedian/Actor
- Mark Bryan, Hootie & the Blowfish
- Dean Felber, Hootie & the Blowfish
- Eric Bass, Shinedown
- Zach Myers, Shinedown
- Gary Valentine, Comedian/Actor - Chelsea Lately, King of Queens
- Terry Serpico, Actor - Army Wives
- Bubba Bryant, Actor - Army Wives
- Paula Trickey, Actress - Crimes of the Mind, The OC, Pacific Blue
- Sylvia Jefferies, Actress - Nashville, Eastbound and Down
- Elise Testone, Singer, American Idol
- Corey Miller, NFL, New York Giants, University of South Carolina
- Langston Moore, NFL, Cincinnati Bengals, University of South Carolina
- Gettys Glaze, Citadel Hall of Fame
- Michael Kohn, MLB, LA Angels
- Kevin Elster, MLB, NY Yankees, LA Dodgers
- Hannah Curlee – Winner, Biggest Loser
- Steve Azar, Singer/Songwriter
- Patrick Davis, Singer/Songwriter
- Carolyn Murray, News 2
- Brendan Clark, News 2
- Victoria Hanson, News 4
- Dean Stephens, News 4
- Tessa Spencer, News 4
- Jon Bruce, News 4
- Tom Crawford, News 4
- Raphael James, Fox Channel 5
- Kelly Golden, 9.43 WSC FM
- Brian Cleary, Y102.5 FM
- Paul Harris, NFL
- Tyler Boone, Singer/Songwriter
- Mike Trisler, Stuntman/Actor
- Chris Seely, Play Ball Sponsor
- Ed Marinaro, Actor
UPDATE: 10/8/13 - Actor Adam Rodriguez has been added to the lineup as well.
UPDATE: 11/6/13 - The final lineup has been set.