The next Sustainable Seafood Dinner will take place at Kiawah Island's Mingo Point this Saturday at 4 pm. This dinner will featuring local oysters, sustainably caught seafood, craft beer pairings, live music and more.
Here are the dishes Executive Chef Brian McGowan has created for the evening:
- Freshly roasted wild harvested Folly River oyster clusters paired with the Palmetto Charleston Lager
- Cherry point yellow fin tuna crudo, sustainable Osetra caviar, gold potato fries paired with the Palmetto Aftershock
- Seared White Marble Farms pork belly, proper butterbeans, and miso BBQ Atlantic calamari paired with the Palmetto Amber
- Hickory grilled Picanha steak, lobster mushrooms, truffle smashed potato, and lobster paired with the Palmetto Amber
- Seasons end local white shrimp, Ambrose Farms tomatoes and olives, bone marrow garlic toast paired with the Palmetto American Pale Ale
- Cast iron Cherry Point swordfish, Ambrose Farms beet salad with Cauliflower and Meyer lemon paired with the Palmetto American Pale Ale
- White chocolate peanut butter moon pies, house made toffee, apple pie and ice cream paired with the Palmetto Espresso Porter
Tickets are $65 (taxes and gratuity not included) and can be purchased by calling (843) 768-2790. Mingo Point is located at 876 Kiawah Island Parkway in Kiawah Island.
Ten percent of the proceeds will go to the South Carolina Aquarium.