We’re No. 1! We’re No. 1! We’re No. 1!
But…also No. 5, which is still incredible!
For the third consecutive year, the Holy City has been named the “Top City in the United States” in Conde Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice Awards. Sadly, Charleston did slip from the top spot to fifth in 2013’s “Top 25 Cities in the World” category. Mexico’s San Miguel de Allende took this year’s No. 1 ranking.
The magazine’s annual accolades have been around since 1986 and are based on each city’s rankings in six categories – Atmosphere, Culture, Friendliness, Lodging, Restaurants, and Shopping.
Conde Nast Traveler said of Charleston:
With “sand, sun, history, good food, and friendly people,” Charleston is a consistent hit with the travelers who venture to this “gracious and beautiful” city.
Santa Fe, New Mexico followed Chucktown on the U.S. list, while Savannah checked in at No. 9. You can view the full rankings here.
Other honors for Charleston included:
- Kiawah Island earned the No. 4 designation in the “Top Island in the World” category (Hilton Head came in at No. 21).
- The Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort being named the No. 4 “Best Resort in the South.”
- The Wild Dunes Resort on Isle of Palms earning the No. 16 spot on the same list.
- A few area hotels placed on the “Top 100 Hotels & Resorts in the World” listing:
- 11: Inn at Palmetto Bluff, Bluffton
- 75 (tie): Sanctuary at Kiawah Island Golf Resort
- 75 (tie): Wentworth Mansion
- 99 (tie): John Rutledge House Inn
- The Inn at Palmetto Bluff in Bluffton was the “Top Hotel & Resort in the United States.”
- A separate category dedicated to the “Top 10 Hotels in Charleston.” Wentworth Mansion earned the top designation.
You can view all of the Readers’ Choice Awards here.
The Charleston Area Convention and Visitors Bureau has already released a video regarding the honor.
WestEdge Day Set for May 22nd
WestEdge will host “WestEdge Day” on Saturday, May 22nd from noon to 4 pm at 22 WestEdge Street (across from...
The Philos Project Continues the “Conversation on Race” in Charleston
Florence’s Lowcountry Kitchen to host Paint Your Pet Party
Dashi to Host Charcuterie Class on May 22
Home Team BBQ Joins Operation Home in Hosting 11th Annual Gimme Shelter Event on May 20th
Mentoring Program Continues to Celebrate Its Members for Being Gentlemen
Join the Charleston Parks Conservancy for a Picnic in Hampton Park on May 22
Uncategorized4 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
Resources8 years ago
Do You Speak Charleston? Pronunciation Guide
Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
Resources8 years ago
Charity6 years ago
Charleston Nonprofits & Charities
Uncategorized10 months ago
How to Use Instagram For Your Music Career?
Food6 years ago
Charleston’s Food Trucks