The 1st Annual Bacon and Bourbon event is set for Saturday, February 8th at the Memminger Auditorium. The party will include live music, a cigar cabana, a mechanical bull, laser skeet shooting, and, of course, bacon and bourbon.
Local chefs will pair bacon dishes with bourbon from a variety of distilleries. Offerings will include: bacon-flavored cotton candy, pork belly lollypops, and spiced chocolate-bourbon truffle with bacon sugar powder.
Chefs expected to be in attendance:
- Chad Billings (Southerly - Southern Season)
- Dan Boyle (Poogan's Porch)
- Michael Karkut and Derek Lathan (Graze)
- Johnathan Kladas (The Meeting Room)
- Jacques Larson (Obstinate Daughter)
- Justin Morris (The Bistro at 125 Calhoun)
- John Ondo (Lana's)
- Cole Poolaw (Barsa)
- John Robertson (Kitchen 208)
- Stephen Thompson (Prohibition)
- John Zucker (Cru)
Many distilleries will be represented, including the following locals:
- Firefly Distillery
- High Wire Distilling Co.
- Striped Pig Distillery
- Voodoo Tiki Bar & Lounge
Live music will be provided by Post Modern Jukebox and Rachel Kate.
VIP tickets for the event have sold out, but more may be released. General admission is $50 until January 15th. After that date, admission rises to $60. VIPs get to start the party at 6:30 pm, while general admission ticket-holders can join in at 7:30 pm .