- Police: Man shot own foot, charged with gun possession (ABC News 4).
- 'Stop the Violence’ rally, candlelight vigil to promote peace, end violence in community (Post & Courier).
- DHEC expected to have results of TB tests for Stratford staff, students (Live 5 News).
- Retired Charleston judge, former ambassador challenge, entertain at MLK service (Post & Courier).
- MLK celebration honoring legacy (Live 5 News).
- Dr. King honored in parade through downtown Charleston (ABC News 4).
- MLK Parade Gallery (Post & Courier).
- Celebrating MLK Day with fried chicken and 40s of OE (Charleston City Paper).
- Connor Shaw Q&A:‘At the end of the day, I’m a winner’ (Post & Courier).
- Clemson picks up commitment from wide receiver Thompson (Post & Courier).
- Charles James back in Lowcountry after first season as Giant (ABC News 4).
- Citadel fans wage campaign to bring Corps of Cadets back to home side of Johnson Hagood Stadium (Post & Courier).
- Sen. Scott discusses healthcare changes for sickle cell patients (ABC News 4).
- Other Charleston hospitals reject MUSC argument that more NICUs would increase infant mortality (Post & Courier).
- Trident, MUSC make list of 'great heart programs' (ABC News 4).
- SC appeals inmate case, tries mental health fixes (The Island Packet).
FIRE OR ICE?
- Arctic air mass could bring snow to the Carolinas (ABC News 4).
- Wind, low humidity prompt fire danger alert (Post & Courier).
- Grand jury’s inquiry and possible effects on Speaker Harrell’s future (Post & Courier).
- Crews demolish front of airport terminal (Live 5 News).
- New “Report-a-Bully in School Website” bill would affect every South Carolina school, district (Post & Courier).
- Unnamed Saison- A Frothy Beard and Charleston Craft Beer Collaboration Beer (Charleston Craft Beer).
- ‘Reject’ documentary on social rejection, ostracism, bullying coming to Charleston (Post & Courier).
- SC gas prices continue downward trend (ABC News 4).
- Fire displaces five people in Mount Pleasant (Post & Courier).
- Crisis Ministries gets $15,000 from Bi-Lo (ABC News 4).
- Heather Elvis reward increased to $30,000 by dad who has 'suffered long enough' (News 2).
- Village Rep's Arcadia challenges — and delivers (Charleston City Paper).
- Laughter filled the L'after Party at Mellow Mushroom (Charleston City Paper).
- Pit bull lovers rally against city’s proposed restriction on breed (The State).
- 3rd Republican enters SC superintendent race (ABC News 4).
- Scott Towers Implosion in Downtown Greenville (News 2).
- Brick used to break into three North Charleston businesses (Live 5 News).
- Bones found may belong to missing SC woman (ABC News 4).