- Hit-and-run driver kills 2 at SXSW (USA Today).
- Driver is from Orangeburg (News 2).
- DOT storm clean-up costs may exceed $160 million (Post & Courier).
- Super Bad building on Charleston's upper King St. is razed (Post & Courier).
- Lowcountry same-sex couple prepared to fight for last name rights (News 2).
- Dash cam video released after elderly man shot during York Co. stop (Live 5 News).
NATIONAL TOP STORIES
- Nine still missing after Manhattan explosion leaves at least 7 dead, many hurt (CNN).
GRAHAM VS EVERYONE
- Graham: ‘The Legislative Branch Should Declare War On The CIA’ (CBS DC).
- T-Rav: CIA scandal exposes Lindsey Graham's latest hypocrisy (Charleston City Paper).
- Nancy Mace says: "This takes hypocrisy to a whole new level" (Facebook).
- Lindsey Graham challenger calls SC senator "ambiguously gay" (The State).
- Restaurant pulls out of Boulevard project (ABC News 4).
- Mercato will become Brasserie Gigi (Charleston City Paper).
- Caviar & Bananas Debuts 10 New Sandwiches (HCS).
My Father's Moustache unites pub life and soccer in Mt. P (Charleston City Paper).
- More style than substance at Lee Lee's Hot Kitchen (Post & Courier).
- Swoon at the Dining Rooms at Chez Nous (Eater Charleston).
- Carolina’s Restaurant Closing (HCS).
- Eat & Drink: Passing the Torch (Charleston Mag).
- A follower told me that Huger's on King Street has closed.
- Can Boozy, Televised Sexcapades Fuel a Politicial Comeback? (National Journal).
Southern Charm: school boy lessons (Charleston City Paper).
- Charleston restaurants give their take on 'Southern Charm' (Live 5 News).
- Sources: Harrell’s lawyers secretly trying to kick attorney general off his State Grand Jury case (The State).
- Charleston County considers microbrewery zoning (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Vincent Sheheen requests audit of women state workers’ pay (The Island Packet).
- Four abortion bills on Thursday's agenda at S.C. Statehouse (Charleston City Paper).
- SC bill that could close abortion clinics advances (ABC News 4).
- SC election offices to be closed on 1st filing day (ABC News 4).
CofC/MUSC MERGER TALK
- Faculty, students barrage McConnell with questions on visit (ABC News 4).
- Grumblings out of CofC indicate that Glenn McConnell will become the school's president. The rest of the process appears to be for show.
- Legislators shouldn't meddle in the affairs of CofC-MUSC (Charleston City Paper).
- The CofC Student Government Association has posted the purported response from Rep. Stephen Goldfinch regarding academic funding (CofC).
Free association with the SceneSC Sampler’s greatest hits (Charleston City Paper).
- S.C. at SXSW Photo Gallery # 1 (Charleston City Paper).
- Gamecocks upset Arkansas 71-69 at SEC tournament (ABC News 4).
- Top-ranked South Carolina's first SEC test comes against No. 21 Mississippi (Post & Courier).
- Sapakoff: Summerville's Janet Cone will build NCAA brackets (Post & Courier).
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kid breaks down hearing Panthers' Smith cut (Live 5 News).
- Freshmen play key role in success of College of Charleston women's basketball team (Post & Courier).
- Cougars enter tournament on a roll (Post & Courier).
- Armed Robbery at West Ashley McDonald's (Live 5 News).
- Charleston County coroner changes ruling in 1998 death after doubts raised about suicide (Post & Courier).
- Aiken police searching for missing teen (The State).
- Watch Out: Local scammer uses some tricky tactics (News 2).
- S.C. ranks top 10 in foreclosure rates (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- North Charleston Officer hurt in car crash (News 2).
- Remembering Jim Miller (Charleston City Paper).
- Councilman wants to boot controversial collectors from Berkeley intersections (Live 5 News).
- Lowcountry Open Land Trust raises $3.3 million for land near Angel Oak (Post & Courier).
- Here's 1 More Map That Should Outrage Southerners (Huffington Post).
- Charleston woman accused of leaving children, 1 and 4, alone (ABC News 4).
- Thirsty Thursday Tweet-Up at The Joe on May 1st! (HCS).
- School board responds to DJJ takeover proposal (ABC News 4).
- Scott sounds the charge for school choice (Post & Courier).
Bill would keep Common Core standards in SC schools, for now (The Digitel).
- SC Guard jets in exercise over coastal skies (Live 5 News).
- Dorchester County faces overcrowded schools (News 2).
- Step into Serenity at Mepkin Abbey (Charleston Daily).
- Kickstarter CEO to speak at Dig South (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Health Care sign up help from BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina in Lowcountry (News 2).
- Police: Man confesses to shooting himself in hand (ABC News 4)
- Power restored throughout Lowcountry after extreme winds (Live 5 News).
- Breast cancer patient finds strength, courage at gun range (Live 5 News).
- Beachwear brand opens retail shop in Mount Pleasant (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Officials look to create a future with less traffic on James Island (ABC News 4).
- New MinuteClinic opens in Ladson, North Charleston next (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Finding mosquitoes before they find you (ABC News 4).
- USC’s international MBA program tops U.S. News rankings (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Wheelchair can't stop Mathias or zap his passion for selling olive oil (Post & Courier).
- Man pleads guilty to lesser charges in roommates' deaths (Live 5 News).
- Video shows crash that injured North Charleston police officer, chaplain (Post & Courier).
- Signs of hope after James Island House fire that rocks hundreds (Live 5 News).