A real estate blog has named Charleston the 2nd "Most Exciting Mid-Sized City" in the U.S.
The website, created by Movoto Real Estate, used the following criteria to help decide a city's level of "excitement":
- Nightlife per capita (bars, clubs, comedy, etc.)
- Live music venues per capita
- Active life options per capita (parks, outdoor activities, etc.)
- Fast Food restaurants per capita (the fewer the better)
- Percentage of restaurants that are fast food (the lower the better)
- Percentage of young residents ages 20 to 34 (the higher the better)
The blog praised the Holy City's "tremendous nightlife scene, where there’s one hotspot for every 494 people," which is apparently a high ratio.
To see the entire top ten list, view the slideshow below. For more information on the list's criteria and details about Chucktown, click here.
The 10 Most Exciting Mid-Sized Cities In America By Movoto Real Estate