Join me this April in shifting at least $10 of your weekly food budget to local food in conjunction with Lowcountry Local First's (LLF) "Eat Local Month." As LFF's official website says, $10 "may not seem like much, but collectively this shift will have a significant impact on our local food system and economy."
Purchasing local food is incredibly easy, especially with the help of the following resources/tips:
- Shop at Whole Foods on April 1st
- Ask for local products at your grocery store
- Attend an Eat Local Month Event
- Vist LLF's Resource Page
- Shop at one of the many farmers markets
- Sign up for a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture share) with the help of the 2014 Farm Fresh Food Guide.
- When dining out, ask your server what's local on the menu
- Buy seafood fresh off the dock from Crosby’s Seafood or sign up for a CSF (Community Supported Fishery share).
If you are participating, be sure to share your experiences on Twitter with #eatlocalchs