The local chapter of the American Lung Association will present its 6th annual “Lowcountry Dancing with the Stars” Oxygen Ball on Friday, May 9th. The event runs from 6:30 pm until - 11 pm at the Charleston Marriott on Lockwood Blvd.
The fundraiser includes local celebrity dancers and their professional partners competing against each other, live and silent auctions, a gourmet dinner, dancing, and other entertainment.
This year's celebrity dancers include:
- Elizabeth Colbert-Busch, Director of Business Development at the Clemson University Restoration Institute
- Rob Concannon, President of the South Carolina Stingrays
- Shelley Hochman, Partner at the Facial Surgery Center
- Michael Scarafile, President of Carolina One Real Estate Services
- Catherine Stuhr, Vice President of J. Henry Stuhr, Inc.
Tickets are currently available on the event's official website. If you can't attend, you can still make a donation on the website.
Money raised from the event will help provide programs, like Camp Breathe Easy, and fund lung health research. Camp Breathe Easy is a camp for children with asthma, that is free to attend thanks to fundraisers like the Oxygen Ball.