- Google Data Center evacuated (ABC News 4).
- VA: Man will get warning instead of $525 citation for $.89 drink refill (Live 5 News).
- MUSC board chooses David Cole as new president (ABC News 4).
- MUSC Board Chairman stands by new telephone ballot method (Post & Courier).
- Bank robbery reported in Summerville, officials say (Post & Courier).
- Haley swings at Senate friend, sparks Facebook spat over DSS chief (The State).
- SC Social Services director says she will not quit (Island Packet).
After reality TV makeover, Cork Bistro returns (Charleston City Paper).
- Five Loaves Cafe Plans to Open Summerville Location This Fall (Post & Courier).
- Luckhaus & Brubaker Unveils 50-Pound Easter Bunny (Post & Courier).
- Zero George an urban oasis of serenity and style (Charleston Scene).
RiverDogs, Palmetto Brewery Offer "The Original" RiverDogs Beer at The Joe (Charleston RiverDogs).
- Beer, grilled cheese and really clean clothes (CNN Money).
- Charleston in 5 Sips (Imbibe).
- More Chillie Bear Memories (Post & Courier).
- Where to Eat Brunch in Charleston (Eater Charleston).
- Ancestral Peanut Debuts at Old Village Post House Dinner (Post & Courier).
- Passover, Pizza Rustica and Charleston, SC (American FoodRoots Podcast).
What’s on tap for Piccolo? (Charleston City Paper).
A Good Friday service with alt-country hymns and a symphony concertmaster (Charleston City Paper).
Southern Charm recap: Guns, hogs, and the triumph of true love (Charleston City Paper).
Live Music: Mayday Parade; People's Blues of Richmond; Aer; Shivering Timbers (Charleston City Paper).
- Citadel baseball hands No. 11 South Carolina fourth straight loss before record crowd (Post & Courier).
- Eddie Jones Nabs SoCon Field Athlete of the Week (The Citadel).
- Berkeley baseball gaining steam as playoffs near (Post & Courier).
- Stingrays' Quick makes return to ice for playoffs (ABC News 4).
- Citadel Wrestling: 2014 NCAA Championship Highlight Video (The Citadel).
- Wando High School shoots for third straight boys' lacrosse state title (Post & Courier).
- Historic, long-vacant Cigar Factory building in Charleston is sold (Post & Courier).
- Crews respond after car crashes into Gerald's (Live 5 News).
- Audit uncovers misuse of purchase cards at VA (ABC News 4).
CofC Board of Trustees rejected presidential search committee’s recommendations (Charelston City Paper).
- Study: South Carolina near top among states in bike, pedestrian fatalities, but near bottom in spending (Post & Courier).
- DSS director testifies before panel investigating child deaths (News 2).
- Former Isle of Palms woman accused in 1994 kidnapping agrees to extradition from Australia (Post & Courier).
- SC teacher accused of sleeping with student, pleads guilty (News 2).
- Veterans volunteer at Patriots Point ahead of Vietnam 50th anniversary (ABC News 4).
- Study: Juvenile justice system fails to educate young detainees (Post & Courier).
- Correctional officer back to work after being punched by inmate (News 2).
The 8 coolest undergrad research projects at CofC right now (Charleston City Paper).
- Charleston police say man hit victim in the head with a gun, then fired a shot (Post & Courier).
- Rock Hill woman, days shy of age 103, still bowls 3 days a week (Herald Online).
- College of Charleston student EMS team lands national award (Post & Courier).
- Local woman hid dyslexia condition from teachers, parents (Live 5 News).Read more here: http://www.heraldonline.com/2014/04/16/5876904/rock-hill-woman-days-shy-of-103.html#storylink=cpy
This Week in #CHS Tweets (Charleston Grit).
- Aerial food fight Photo Gallery (Post & Courier).
- Murder suspect punched Berkeley County detention officer, authorities say (Post & Courier).
- Helicopter searching for clues in the murder of Aynor mother (News 2).
- 3 inmates accused of complicated Georgetown bank robbery plot (ABC News 4).
- Company seeks local site for Bitcoin ATM (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Beaufort deputies: Missing woman found dead, suicide suspected (ABC News 4).
- Homes underwater in S.C. come in below national average (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Council considers diverting money away from Maybank project for Folly Road (ABC News 4).
- BoomTown creates scholarship for Iron Yard student (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Air Force leader to give 2014 commencement speech at the Citadel (Post & Courier).
- The Citadel hosting conference for business leaders (Charleston Regional Business Journal).