- Text REDCROSS to 90999 to give $10 to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief, which helps people affected by disasters like the recent tornadoes. You can also donate online.
- Info on donating to the Salvation Army is here.
- 6 people taken to hospital after shooting at FedEx warehouse; suspect dead (CBS 46).
- Doctor: 3 victims critical (Associated Press).
- Search ends for man who jumped off Bahamas cruise (Live 5 News).
- Father, two children rescued in Congaree National Park (Live 5 News).
- Updates on (and pictures of) train derailment and bridge collapse in Berkeley County (ABC News 4).
- Dukes of Hazard stunt likely saves man from plummeting death (News 2).
- Reconstruction likely to take weeks (Post & Courier).
- The Palace Hotel Hires Head Chef (Post & Courier).
- Palace Hotel Photo Gallery (Post & Courier).
- Grind and Squeeze Pouring in I’On (Post & Courier).
- Coffee shop opened in Avondale (Facebook).
- Food Truck Rodeo this Saturday at P&C Headquarters (HCS).
- Looking Swell at Leon’s Oyster Shop (Eater Charleston).
- Blu Appoints New Executive Chef (Post & Courier).
- Mount Pleasant’s Joey Bag a Donuts is opening a store in Nevada (Eater).
- ‘Southern Charm’ recap: The reunion show (The State).
Kayla Helferich is “Batgirl” Tonight on Super Hero Night (Charleston RiverDogs).
- Avondale chART Initiative & Gallery (Charleston Daily Photo).
- In the Charleston Lowcountry, Adventures for All (Where Traveler).
- Vote: The South’s Greatest Films (Garden & Gun).
- 9th Annual Charleston Cinco de Mayo Festival (HCS).
- Patriots Point adds helicopter to exhibit (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- BAZINGA! Saturday Is Free Comic Book Day (HCS).
- College of Charleston introduces new women’s basketball coach Candice Jackson (Post & Courier).
- David Ford Comes to The Music Hall on May 1st (HCS).
- Goose Creek’s Dantez Bennamon commits to Division II Clayton State for basketball (Post & Courier).
- U.S. Senator Tim Scott to Speak at College of Charleston Graduation (CofC).
- College of Charleston Political Science students are featured in a Huffington Post article for their research on Southern politics (Huffington Post).
- South Carolina House passes University of Charleston bill (Post & Courier).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: John Tecklenburg (HCS).
- Mayor Earl Bullard’s Bigotry (Politically Suspect).
- Condoleezza Rice to campaign for Graham (The State).
- White House Steps Up Effort to Confirm Federal Judges (Includes quotes from Sen. Lindsey Graham, New York Times).
- Sen. Vince Sheheen calls on Gov. Nikki Haley to fire DSS Director Lillian Koller (Post & Courier).
- Police looking for downtown Charleston shooting suspect (Live 5 News).
Cypress Garden Road Detour Route (ABC News 4).
- Final tally shows MUSC Board torn between presidential candidates (Post & Courier).
- $400,000 settlement reached in lawsuit against former police chief (ABC News 4).
- SC ranks third highest in the nation for drunk driving deaths (Carolina Live).
- General Dynamics to lay off 170 employees in Ladson (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Education Oversight Committee approves standards requiring students to learn arguments for/against evolution (Post & Courier).
- Taxpayer cost tied to teen-aged births in South Carolina estimated at $166 million (Post & Courier).
- Santee Cooper OKs job-creating initiatives (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Blue Star Mothers send more than 2,500 lbs of cookies to the troops (ABC News 4).
- Zais: South Carolina can still use Smarter Balanced’s test (Post & Courier).
PeopleMatter Opens Sales and Customer Operations Center (PeopleMatter).
Summerville student’s drawing chosen for national Doodle 4 Google contest (Charleston City Paper).
- How you can help the student win (ABC News 4).
- SLIDESHOW: NCFD rescues kittens, mother stuck in storm drain (Live 5 News).
- Construction begins on school in Summerville’s Nexton community (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Highway Patrol investigates wreck involving Dorchester deputy (ABC News 4).
- North Charleston man accused of firing on Texas police officer on I-526 (Live 5 News).
- CCSD: Extra day added on to end of school year (ABC News 4).
- Summerville ranks among top places to own home (News 2).
- Memorial will honor Pelion teen killed in Ohio boating crash (The State).
- 2 Charleston firms ink defense contracts (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Rising tide at Port of Charleston swamps chassis repair firm (Post & Courier).
- News 2 Special Report – A Call To Kill (News 2).
- Charleston police investigating West Ashley Subway burglary (Live 5 News).
Gogo Jewelry & Hannah Carnegie Pop-Up Show at Garden & Gun’s Fieldshop
Gogo Ferguson and her daughter Hannah Sayre-Thomas are returning to Garden & Gun’s Fieldshop at the Dewberry Hotel in downtown...
Preservation Society will Offer Lineup of Diverse Tours and Events this May
The Gibbes Museum Celebrates Japanese Art with Two Special Exhibitions
Ohm Radio Announces Farewell to Workshop Party
New Nonprofit Addressing Trauma to Host Launch Event on April 18th
Edmund’s Oast and Kings Leaf Cigars Partnering for “The Palmetto Puff” Fuente Cigar Dinner
Hermosa Jewelry and Brown Fox Coffee Partner for April Artisan Market
Uncategorized3 months ago
Types Of Personal Loans
Uncategorized1 year ago
Signs Your Third Eye Is Starting To See
Site Updates3 years ago
HCS Patreon Supporters
Uncategorized9 months ago
How to Use Instagram For Your Music Career?
Charity6 years ago
Charleston Nonprofits & Charities
Resources8 years ago
Resources8 years ago
Do You Speak Charleston? Pronunciation Guide
Events1 day ago
Weekend Buzz: Fun Things To Do In Charleston This Weekend