- Text REDCROSS to 90999 to give $10 to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief, which helps people affected by disasters like the recent tornadoes. You can also donate online.
- Info on donating to the Salvation Army is here.
- 6 people taken to hospital after shooting at FedEx warehouse; suspect dead (CBS 46).
- Doctor: 3 victims critical (Associated Press).
- Search ends for man who jumped off Bahamas cruise (Live 5 News).
- Father, two children rescued in Congaree National Park (Live 5 News).
- Updates on (and pictures of) train derailment and bridge collapse in Berkeley County (ABC News 4).
- Dukes of Hazard stunt likely saves man from plummeting death (News 2).
- Reconstruction likely to take weeks (Post & Courier).
- The Palace Hotel Hires Head Chef (Post & Courier).
- Palace Hotel Photo Gallery (Post & Courier).
- Grind and Squeeze Pouring in I’On (Post & Courier).
- Coffee shop opened in Avondale (Facebook).
- Food Truck Rodeo this Saturday at P&C Headquarters (HCS).
- Looking Swell at Leon's Oyster Shop (Eater Charleston).
- Blu Appoints New Executive Chef (Post & Courier).
- Mount Pleasant's Joey Bag a Donuts is opening a store in Nevada (Eater).
- 'Southern Charm' recap: The reunion show (The State).
Kayla Helferich is "Batgirl" Tonight on Super Hero Night (Charleston RiverDogs).
- Avondale chART Initiative & Gallery (Charleston Daily Photo).
- In the Charleston Lowcountry, Adventures for All (Where Traveler).
- Vote: The South's Greatest Films (Garden & Gun).
- 9th Annual Charleston Cinco de Mayo Festival (HCS).
- Patriots Point adds helicopter to exhibit (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- BAZINGA! Saturday Is Free Comic Book Day (HCS).
- College of Charleston introduces new women's basketball coach Candice Jackson (Post & Courier).
- David Ford Comes to The Music Hall on May 1st (HCS).
- Goose Creek's Dantez Bennamon commits to Division II Clayton State for basketball (Post & Courier).
- U.S. Senator Tim Scott to Speak at College of Charleston Graduation (CofC).
- College of Charleston Political Science students are featured in a Huffington Post article for their research on Southern politics (Huffington Post).
- South Carolina House passes University of Charleston bill (Post & Courier).
- Quintin’s Close-Ups: John Tecklenburg (HCS).
- Mayor Earl Bullard’s Bigotry (Politically Suspect).
- Condoleezza Rice to campaign for Graham (The State).
- White House Steps Up Effort to Confirm Federal Judges (Includes quotes from Sen. Lindsey Graham, New York Times).
- Sen. Vince Sheheen calls on Gov. Nikki Haley to fire DSS Director Lillian Koller (Post & Courier).
- Police looking for downtown Charleston shooting suspect (Live 5 News).
Cypress Garden Road Detour Route (ABC News 4).
- Final tally shows MUSC Board torn between presidential candidates (Post & Courier).
- $400,000 settlement reached in lawsuit against former police chief (ABC News 4).
- SC ranks third highest in the nation for drunk driving deaths (Carolina Live).
- General Dynamics to lay off 170 employees in Ladson (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Education Oversight Committee approves standards requiring students to learn arguments for/against evolution (Post & Courier).
- Taxpayer cost tied to teen-aged births in South Carolina estimated at $166 million (Post & Courier).
- Santee Cooper OKs job-creating initiatives (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Blue Star Mothers send more than 2,500 lbs of cookies to the troops (ABC News 4).
- Zais: South Carolina can still use Smarter Balanced's test (Post & Courier).
PeopleMatter Opens Sales and Customer Operations Center (PeopleMatter).
Summerville student's drawing chosen for national Doodle 4 Google contest (Charleston City Paper).
- How you can help the student win (ABC News 4).
- SLIDESHOW: NCFD rescues kittens, mother stuck in storm drain (Live 5 News).
- Construction begins on school in Summerville’s Nexton community (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Highway Patrol investigates wreck involving Dorchester deputy (ABC News 4).
- North Charleston man accused of firing on Texas police officer on I-526 (Live 5 News).
- CCSD: Extra day added on to end of school year (ABC News 4).
- Summerville ranks among top places to own home (News 2).
- Memorial will honor Pelion teen killed in Ohio boating crash (The State).
- 2 Charleston firms ink defense contracts (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Rising tide at Port of Charleston swamps chassis repair firm (Post & Courier).
- News 2 Special Report - A Call To Kill (News 2).
- Charleston police investigating West Ashley Subway burglary (Live 5 News).