Police in Myrtle Beach responded to multiple shootings on Saturday and Sunday nights. The violence left three people dead and seven wounded. The deceased were all from the Lowcountry - 2 were Summerville residents, the other from Ladson.
Here's everything you need to know:
- The first shooting happened around 9:30 pm at Sixth Avenue South.
- One man was injured
- The second incident took place around 11 pm at the Bermuda Sands Motel.
- This location is about 7 blocks away from where the first shooting took place.
- This is the incident that left three dead.
- The deceased are: Sandy Geddis Barnwell (22, Summerville), Devonte Dantzler (21, Summerville), and Jamie Williams (28, Ladson).
- It appears the shootings happened after a fight broke out in front of the motel. Three shots were fired, injuring one.
- While police were providing medical attention to the victim, shots were fired from the second floor of the motel.
- No arrests have been made.
- According to CNN, another shooting occurred nearby and resulted in a woman being shot in the chin and a man shot in the shoulder.
- On Sunday, another shooting took place around 10:30 pm at the Wave Rider Resort.
- This incident left two injured
- The events took place during the annual Atlantic Beach BikeFest.
The Post & Courier has found two "unedited, unconfirmed" videos on YouTube that appear to show the events surrounding the fatal shootings. Both videos are below, but do contain graphic content.
- Three killed, five wounded in Myrtle Beach shootings (CNN).
- 1 Ladson, 2 Summerville residents die in shooting at Myrtle Beach hotel (Post & Courier).
- Bermuda Sands Motel Shooting Leaves At Least 3 Dead (Huffington Post).
- Shooting at Wave Rider Resort on Ocean Boulevard injures two in Myrtle Beach Sunday (The State).
Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2014/05/25/3467897/police-investigating-shooting.html?sp=/99/205/&ihp=1#storylink=cpy
- Photo Gallery (Post & Courier).
- Shootings in Myrtle Beach leave three dead, two wounded (CBS News).
- Myrtle Beach deaths: Fighting, gunshots heard on Youtube video (Post & Courier).
- Instagram video captures chaos of deadly Myrtle Beach shootings (WTVR).