"InstrumentHead" is a surrealist portrait series that captures musicians like Bootsy Collins (right), Scott Avett, and Derek Trucks without showing their faces. Instead, their instrument becomes the star by covering the performer's head.
Of his exhibit, Weintrob says: “Whether an individual is famous or an almost complete unknown, whether they play saxophone or sitar, the one thing they have in common is that music is central to everything they do. I decided to place their instruments in front of their faces in an attempt to blur the boundaries between each individual personality and the tools of their trade."
Tonight's opening celebration will include live performances by Dom Flemons, formerly of the Carolina Chocolate Drops, and blues keyboardist Ironing Board Sam. Music starts at 7 pm on the outdoor patio stage.
After the opening reception, the normal gallery hours will be 11 am - 2 am daily. There will be plenty of live entertainment throughout the exhibit's run. You can see the schedule below.
To purchase prints or view more InstrumentHead images, visit Weintrob's official website.
- Sat, 5/31 - Secret Identity Party featuring HubCap Annie, Mechanical River, & Billie Fountain, 6 pm - close
- Sun, 6/1 - The Royal Tinfoil, 6 pm - 9 pm
- Mon, 6/2 - Singer/Songwriter Open Mic Night, 7-11 pm
- Tues, 6/3 - Andrew Zapp, 8 - 9pm; Jazz Jam, 9 -11 pm
- Wed, 6/4 - Comedy Night, 9 - 11 pm
- Thurs, 6/5 - The Great Yankee & Redcoat Run, 8 -11 pm
- Fri, 6/6 - The Dumb Doctors, 8 - 11 pm
- Sat, 6/7 - The Reckoning (Grateful Dead Tribute Band), 8 - 11pm
- Sun, 6/8 - Joel Timmons & Friends, 6 - 11pm