If you can't make it to Brazil for this year's World Cup, watching each game at The Alley may be your best bet. Not only will the sports bar be showing the World Cup on their large TVs, but they will also be the official viewing venue of the Charleston Battery.
From June 4th through July 13th, The Alley will celebrate the World Cup with unique events and the chance to interact with members of the local soccer team.
Here's a look at the schedule:
- Wednesday, June 4th at 7 pm
- There will be a viewing of John Wilson’s TEDxCharleston video followed by a short speech and question and answer session with Wilson himself.
- World Cup Players’ cards will be distributed. These can be redeemed for a food/beverage specials during any of the World Cup games.
- Pop-culture trivia with a some soccer-themed questions.
- Thursday, June 12 at 4 pm
- World Cup begins
- Monday, June 16 at 7pm
- World Cup Launch Party
- U.S. plays Ghana
- Players from the Battery will be guest bartending.
- After the game guests can challenge Battery players to a FIFA Soccer video game match or to a game on The Alley’s newly installed Foosball table.
- Sunday, July 13
- Championship Party
- Guests can enter a free bet on who they think will win the game. If you pick the right team, you will receive a pair of free Charleston Battery tickets and Alley Bucks, which can be used on your next visit.
All events are free and open to the public.