- Boy, 10, bloodied and 'scared' before grandmother was found dead in James Island home, neighbor says (Post & Courier).
Midnight closing ordinance will have public hearing Aug. 20 (Charleston City Paper).
- Horse carriage runs into a building in downtown Charleston (News 2).
- SC State University placed on probation (News 2).
- Butcher & Bee opening NoMo cafe next year (Post & Courier).
- 5 Chefs On The Past, Present And Hominy Loving Future Of Southern Food In America (Food Republic).
- Bier Pong Championships at the Garten this July (HCS).
- Piggly Wiggly warehouse sale drawing long lines of shoppers seeking big discounts (Post & Courier).
- Fun Run at The Orange Spot this Sunday (HCS).
- Sarah O'Kelley to Leave The Glass Onion (Eater Charleston).
- Seafood sophistication transcends touristy setting of City Market at Brasserie Gigi (Post & Courier).
- Haley takes names in blasting House for overriding pay raise veto (Post & Courier).
- SC Senate kills ethics bill, goes home (News 2).
- Hugh Leatherman elected SC Senate leader, accused of being part of a 'hit' (The State).
- Ethics Reform bill in limbo (Post & Courier).
- NCAA calls South Carolina president Harris Pastides to witness stand in Ed O'Bannon trial (Post & Courier).
- SC Supreme Court: Regularly scheduled public meetings no longer require agendas (Index-Journal).
- Sol Driven Train has started a Kickstarter campaign to help fund their next album, Dance! Fun pledge prizes are available for those who donate (Kickstarter).
- Goo Goo Dolls, Daughtry, & the Plain White Ts at the Family Circle Stadium (HCS).
- Wahine Classic Review (Folly Beach).
- Solust: What You Need to Know (HCS).
- Brian & Me skateboarding film debuts in conjunction with new skate park on Folly Beach (Charleston City Paper).
- Midsummer Night’s Wine Tasting at Kitchen 208 (HCS).
- Overwhelming send-off kicks off DC trip for Cpl. Kyle Carpenter (WISTV).
- Mount Pleasant passes $87.9M budget for 2014-15 that includes tax increase (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- CARTA needs to make a DASH for drunks (Post & Courier).
- I'm hearing rumors that Uber is coming to Charleston. Someone told me the company is looking for drivers through sponsored ads on Facebook.
- 19-year-old Mount Pleasant man injured in motorcycle crash in Mount Pleasant (Post & Courier).
- Charleston hiring tourism officers, bringing in transportation consultant (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Ceremony to mark JetBlue's new Washington flights today (Post & Courier).
- Lawmakers override Haley’s veto of Lowcountry Graduate Center funding (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- South Carolina ranks among website's list of worst states to make a living (WMBF).
- General Assembly yields to Haley veto of pay increase (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Charleston keeps its tall ship Spirit (Post & Courier).
- Mothers speaking out against violence (News 2).
- IQor to hire 320, invest $400,000 in Dorchester County call center (Charleston Regional Business Journal).