- Council OKs $30M project in downtown Summerville (ABC News 4).
Mother of injured inmate blames prison riot on month-long lockdown (Post & Courier).
- May not be legal (Live 5 News).
It's back to circuit court for Bobby Harrell after Supreme Court ruling (Post & Courier).
- Menkoi Ramen Changes Hours: Less 3AM Noodles (Eater Charleston).
- Shrimp and Grits Cook-Off Set for August 30th (HCS).
- British Colonial-inspired The Islander on Daniel Island offers menu that roams the globe (Post & Courier).
- Husk & Ms. Rose’s Make Best Southern-style Biscuits List (HCS).
- A Day in the Life of the Meat Case at Edmund's Oast (Eater Charleston).
- Be A Mentor Hosts a Free Summer Mixer at Básico (HCS).
- Get Your Corn Dog On at Tattooed Moose (Eater Charleston).
- Radler suddenly the rage in Charleston (Post & Courier).
- Breweries & Distilleries in Charleston (HCS).
- Chef changes at three area restaurants (Post & Courier).
Ep. 2 Recap: Reckless turns up the heat by turning down the sexy (Charleston City Paper).
PTC Seeks Indecency Complaints Against CBS’ ‘Reckless’ (Broadcasting & Cable).
Hurray For The Riff Raff to headline Edisto bluegrass fest (Charleston City Paper).
- Tara Lipinski, Danny Kanell giving Kiawah Island lots of social media exposure this week (Post & Courier).
Watch two sci-fi films for free, thanks to Park Circle Film Society (Charleston City Paper).
- South Carolina's Aziz Ansari is featured in the latest episode of Jerry Seinfeld's "Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee".
- Slow Runner's Michael Flynn channels dad-rock on debut solo album (Charleston City Paper).
- “Myrtle Manor” Renewed for a Third Season (HCS).
- Playwright David Lee Nelson ponders the maddening world of matrimony in Folly Beach (Charleston City Paper).
- Hootie & the Blowfish’s FREE Homegrown Family Day (HCS).
- Brian Burke Jones finds his muse in a little blue bird (Charleston City Paper).
- Craft Conundrum opens craft beer paradise in W. Ashley (Live 5 News).
- South Carolina QB Thompson looks to prove himself (News 2).
- Katie’s Krops Hosting 1st Annual Swim-a-thon This Month (HCS).
- Top 10 Bike Routes On Kiawah (Island Connections).
- Golfer, 9, 'a different breed' on the course (ABC News 4).
- Charleston's Shelby Rogers reaches quarterfinals in WTA event in Austria (Post & Courier).
- The Amazing Zombie Race Infects Charleston on 7/26 (HCS).
- SC down to 1 college all-star game (News 2).
- George Orwell, Nikki Haley, and the penny sales tax scam (Charleston City Paper).
- Haley's campaign says she has $4.5M available (ABC News 4).
- Tom Ervin's 2013 income almost as much as Nikki Haley and Vincent Sheheen combined (Post & Courier).
Lieber Update (Charleston Thug Life).
- Transport expert paints picture of much larger Charleston (ABC News 4).
- CARTA explains its 70k severance for ex-director (News 2).
- CFD: 2 treated for smoke inhalation in Crosstown fire (Live 5 News).
- Firefighters, power crews on scene of gas leak in St. Andrews (Live 5 News).
- Boating Safety Class Offered (Island Connections).
- Police say suspicious package in West Ashley was empty briefcase (Live 5 News).
- DHEC board votes on new hospital rules that impact premature infants (Post & Courier).
- Checking in on the Gaillard construction project (ABC News 4).
- It's Official Uber rolling into Myrtle Beach and more SC cities (The Digitel).
- Lowcountry entrepreneurship program looks to mentor start-up applicants (ABC News 4).
- If you’re on the beach, this map shows you what’s across the ocean (Washington Post).
- Emergency crews contain house fire on Daniel Island (Live 5 News).
- Broadway Backlash: Was Summerville musical too risque for town funding? (News 2).
- School district holds job fair for food services (ABC News 4).
- Hurricane Season Kicks Off (Folly Beach).
- SC State University Foundation Pledges $1 Million to Bolster Student Enrollment (SC State).
- Beached Whale On Hilton Head Island (News 2).
- CCSO: Suspect arrested for multiple armed robberies (ABC News 4).
- Disabled veteran finds obstacles in Lowcountry (News 2).
- Dorchester deputies warn of phone scam targeting seniors (Live 5 News).
- Awendaw man charged with burglary, peeping (ABC News 4).
- Former Conway pastor tries to take gun inside federal courthouse, officials say (Live 5 News).
- SC toddler's parents charged in hot-car death (ABC News 4).
- Fire department dedicates new engines with ceremonial wet-down (Live 5 News).
- Boeing supplier to create 60 jobs in Charleston County (Post & Courier).
- Harley-Davidson recalls over 66,000 motorcycles (ABC News 4).
- Husband of NC woman who faked disappearance in NMB turns himself in (Live 5 News).
- Magwood's iconic Shem Creek shrimp business sold (Post & Courier).
- Childs approved for post at McCormick school (ABC News 4).
- SCRA announces 3 new advanced technology projects (Post & Courier).
Santa Elena Foundation names new director (Post & Courier).