Shark Week - many people think it's the greatest week of the year and is deserving of national holiday status. Those same people will be stoked to know that the South Carolina Aquarium will host their own Shark Week celebration from August 1st until the 10th.
Technically, the festivities begin on July 31st with "Dark Blue: The Shark Week Kickoff Party." This 21-and-over event will include hors d’oeuvres, drinks, and local musicians Brave Baby, Moxie, and Jordan Igoe. The food and beverages will be provided by the Charleston Harbor Fish House, High Cotton, Victor Social Club, and the Palmetto Brewing Company. Tickets for the kick-off party are $35 each or $30 for Aquarium members.
The family-friendly fun begins the next day with a multitude of activities that include:
- Shark education stations
- Photo opportunities in the massive jaw of a Megalodon
- Shark Art in the Great Hall
- A hidden “Shark on a Shelf” that could net you a special prize
- A special Shark Show
- Shark puzzles on the gallery walls
- Dig for shark artifacts at the Sharkaeology station
- Pet a bamboo shark
For more information on the kick-offparty and all Shark Week activities, click here.