- A solar boon for South Carolina? (Post & Courier).
- Goose Creek Police arrest bowling alley suspect on child rape charges (ABC News 4).
- “Late Night with Seth Meyers” Mentions Sullivan’s Island Pig (HCS).
- 9/11 first responder organizing charity game for Iraqi veteran (ABC News 4).
- Chef Whiting & Pastry Chef Neirous Head to Italy (HCS).
- High Wire Distilling Co. has been working on some Bradford Watermelon Brandy (Facebook).
- What's so special about Bradford Watermelons? (Slow Food USA)
- Brasserie Gigi: So Hot Right Now (HCS).
- A local, ready-to-bake vegan sweets company called A Better Batch has launched (A Better Batch).
- Hot Nights & Holy City Beer Dinner this Sunday (HCS).
- Updating the Charleston Heatmap, August 2014 (Eater Charleston).
- Black Tap Picked as the Best Coffee Shop in SC (HCS).
- U.S. Rep. Mark Sanford said he voted to support Israel's missile defense system, before voting against it (Post & Courier).
- Who is Rep. Samuel Rivers Jr.? (Charleston City Paper).
- Solar energy law in effect in SC (WBTW).
- Haley earns SC Chamber of Commerce endorsement, Sheheen "not surprised" (Live 5 News).
- Sheheen hears teacher concerns at roundtable discussion (Post & Courier).
- Marcus Amaker and Quentin Baxter bring poetry and music together in The New Foundation (Post & Courier).
- Southern Charm's Shep Rose says the South Carolina Stingrays will giveaway a bobble-head featuring his likeness (Twitter).
- Catch “The Ballad of Shovels & Rope” at the Terrace (HCS).
Surf film festival heading to Charleston this fall (Charleston City Paper).
- Wavefest 2015 Announcement to be Made at Mini-Wavefest (HCS).
- Children get to meet and pet animals at Wannamaker County Park (Post & Courier).
- Wando High cancels football scrimmage over staph concerns (Live 5 News).
- Charleston Battery to face Dayton Dutch Lions at Blackbaud Stadium (Post & Courier).
- Panthers unsure if QB Newton will play vs Bills (ABC News 4).
- Clowney says he will start Texans' opener (Post & Courier).
- It's time to put the local vs. non-local debate to bed (Charleston City Paper).
- Mount Pleasant neighborhood wary of coyotes after 'community cat' killed (Post & Courier).
- NFL Legend Herschel Walker tackles stigma of mental illness at Joint Base Charleston (Live 5 News).
- Spartanburg Mom Calls Police Over Son Watching Porn (News 2).
- The Case for Uber (Charleston City Paper).
- Mother of murder suspect begs for mercy, apologizes to victim's family (ABC News 4).
- Kershaw teens open themselves up to trouble with 'Purge Pages' (Live 5 News).
- New shopping centers planned in Mount Pleasant, Summerville will draw big retailers (Post & Courier).
- College of Charleston North Campus Opens New Location (CofC).
- Alice Boland committed to psychiatric facility in Texas (ABC News 4).
- Green Beret who died in Afghanistan remembered for devotion to his job (Post & Courier).
- Blotter: Nightswimming, Nightjoggling (Charleston City Paper).
- Forecasters expect slower Atlantic storm season (ABC News 4).
- Summerville police searching for bank robbery suspect (Live 5 News).
- Man killed, man arrested in Myrtle Beach slaying (ABC News 4).
- African American students test worse at English than students who speak it as a second language (Live 5 News).
- New buses, monitors recommended for Charleston schools (Post & Courier).
- School bus cameras can be used to write tickets (ABC News 4).
- Mt. Pleasant woman battling illness needs help rebuilding home destroyed by fire (News 2).
- Charleston police officer cited for seat-belt violation after wreck (Post & Courier).
- Fewer SC students pass exit exam on initial try (ABC News 4).
- Deputies seek help in finding robbery suspect (ABC News 4).
- DOT meeting set for pedestrian crosswalk on Crosstown (ABC News 4).