- Verdict Looms for Education in 'Corridor of Shame' (Al Jazeera America).
Scientists to begin exposing the "real" Hunley (Post & Courier).
- Wife says husband suffered fractured skull after being sucker punched on King Street (Live 5 News).
Man 'lucky to be alive' family says (Post & Courier).
- Sewage water seeps into North Charleston homes (News 2).
- “X Marks the Spot” for FREE Wine + Food Festival Tickets (HCS).
- The New Encyclopedia of Southern Food (Garden & Gun).
- Status Update: Americano restaurant hoping for an Oct. 1 opening (Charleston City Paper).
- Beer + Cold Air: Palmetto Brewing Co. Reopens Today (Eater Charleston).
- Grape Stomping Festival is Back for Year 11 (HCS).
- Watermelon Brandy and Pickles (Post & Courier).
- New Restaurants on the Block (Garden & Gun).
- 'Hummus With a Hummus Flavor' at New Priya Lounge? (Eater Charleston).
- Stellar ceviche on menu at 167 Raw (Post & Courier).
- Neighbors frustrated by Crosstown flooding (Live 5 News).
- DOT set to discuss the study of dangerous Crosstown crosswalk (Live 5 News).
- PICS: Mt. Pleasant family doing ice bucket challenge interrupted by gator with soccer ball (Live 5 News).
Who’s flying mysterious aircraft over Mt. Pleasant and Daniel Island? (Charleston City Paper).
Charleston County government owns a drone. Here’s what it looks like (Charleston City Paper).
- Man arrested for falsely reporting a missing mountain lion (The State).
- Chester County deputies find cockfighting operation during marijuana bust (Post & Courier).
- Education to be big issue in SC governor’s race (News 2).
- Sheheen campaign hits Gov. Haley on silence around DSS issue (Post & Courier).
Reality star brings 'Southern Charm' to DC (The Hill).
- Shem Creek group lobbies to keep tall buildings away (ABC News 4).
- Graham to Obama: Be honest about threat (Politico).
- Beaufort County voters to weigh land preservation (ABC News 4).
- Independent challenger to Tim Scott fails to get on the ballot (Post & Courier).
- What's your favorite Robin Williams movie? (HCS).
- 25 Photos Of Charleston That Will Make You Want To Move There (Movoto).
- Dog Days of Summer Photo Contest Benefits Charleston Animal Society (HCS).
- “The Rhythm & Blues Is Alright” with The Temptations Review at the PAC (HCS).
- Highway Patrol hits a home run for Special Olympics (ABC News 4).
- Battle of the Bats, plus a dunk tank (News 2).
- Cullen Harper, the last Clemson QB to beat South Carolina, wants to fix your teeth (Post & Courier).
- Clemson's Stoudt says bruised knee is fine (News 2).
- Spurrier confident Gamecocks will continue success (ABC News 4).
- Charleston Battery captain Colin Falvey set to return to lineup (Post & Courier).
- Coach Rivera: Panthers have found answers at wide receiver (Post & Courier).
- Avelino's three-run blast propels RiverDogs past Hickory, 5-2 (Post & Courier).
- Food Drive at the Joe TONIGHT and 8/26 (HCS).
- Bee enthusiasts rally behind hives in Charleston County schools (Post & Courier).
- S.C. Education Department out of the loop in writing of new evolution standard (Post & Courier).
- Eugene Sires Elementary falls behind schedule (The Summerville Journal Scene).
- Lawsuit filed Tuesday challenges constitutionality of Colleton schools map (ABC News 4).
- Charleston software firm Benefitfocus reports higher sales, wider loss for 2Q (Post & Courier).
- Charleston airport board chairman reverses employee's promotion (Post & Courier).
- Zubie secures additional $8M in funding for connected-car technology (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- S.C. nuclear plant expansion a year behind schedule, SCE&G says (Post & Courier).
- New Summerville community planned for Cane Bay will hold 800 homes (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Officials: Robin Williams apparently hanged himself with a belt (CNN).
- Depression: How to talk to loved ones about it (Live 5 News).
- Pilot shuts down troubled 787 engine in-flight (Charleston Regional Business Journal)
- Police: Gunshot victim found in car has died (ABC News 4).
- Elderly woman hides in bathroom as burglar fires 2 shots (ABC News 4).
- Anderson County deputy shoots, wounds man (News 2).
- New charges in jailed SC Ponzi leader's case (ABC News 4).
- Berkeley County deputy critical after wreck (ABC News 4).
- Ravenel murder suspect captured in Georgia to face bond judge in Charleston (Live 5 News).
- Police find meth lab along with fugitive at Walterboro hotel (Live 5 News).
- Charleston County pulls out of Regional Development Alliance (Post & Courier).