- Public hearing Wednesday on midnight closing time for new bars (Post & Courier).
City unveils new late-night ordinance (Charleston City Paper).
- Police search for suspect in Goose Creek apartment complex shooting (Live 5 News).
- "Till Death Do Us Part": The Post & Courier's special report on domestic violence against women in South Carolina (P&C).
- EMS Respond to “Chemical Release” at Detention Center (HCS).
- Caulk used to repair shower triggers medical alert (ABC News 4).
- Huge data breach affects South Carolina hospitals (Post & Courier).
- Charleston's 7 Most Anticipated Fall Openings (Eater Charleston).
- Proof bartender in running for nation's "Most Imaginative Bartender" title (Post & Courier).
- Oscar Hines is Charleston’s culinary tour guide (BizzBuzz Charleston).
- Specialty Food Association tests Lowcountry waters (Post & Courier).
- Elegant Popup Dinner Scheduled for October 4th (HCS).
- Chef Sean Brock's Minero now has a Facebook page and a website (Hat tip to Eater Charleston for first reporting this).
- South Carolina certifies first class of mushroom pickers (Post & Courier).
- Saturday: Wild Game Dinner Featuring Holy City Brewing (HCS).
- New High Cotton chef Shawn Kelly pairs butterbeans with boiled peanuts (Post & Courier).
- Tomorrow is the 2nd Annual BBQ Night at Caviar & Bananas (HCS).
- Ravenel's campaign trail filmed for 'Southern Charm' (The Island Packet).
- Tells Beaufort Tea Party he offers voters a true choice (Post & Courier).
- Haley signs law aimed at growing brewery business (Columbia Regional Business Journal).
- SC senators consider how to attract, keep teachers (Live 5 News).
- Voters can expect new faces in Charleston County School Board races (Post & Courier).
- Haley holding constituent meetings at Statehouse (ABC News 4).
- Tim Scott and Bobby Harrell get wet for ALS (Post & Courier).
- Charleston-based pharmaceutical company launches new cold sore treatment (Post & Courier).
CofC grads start solar-powered golf cart taxi service on Folly (Charleston City Paper).
- Aerospace employment growth takes off (Charleston Regional Business Journal).
- Container shipping rise bodes well for world trade (Post & Courier).
- Patriots Point will be featured on TLC's Four Weddings on Sept. 12, at 8 pm (Twitter).
- Elise Testone accepted my Ice Bucket Challenge! (Facebook).
- Disney On Ice presents “Treasure Trove” at the Coliseum (HCS).
- Four Couples vie for a dream Charleston Wedding (Charleston Weddings Mag).
- Horace Lawson Hunley tops "10 Unintentional Mass Killers" list (Listverse).
- Hackathon 4: Pirates of Silicon Harbor (HCS).
- McKissick leads inaugural class in Coaches Hall of Fame (News 2).
- Fort Dorchester's Eurndraus Bryant latest in Patriots' line of defensive stars (Post & Courier).
- Ashley Ridge QB returns, looks for big 2014 season (ABC News 4).
- Gamecocks' stars are gone, but defense has talent and depth (Post & Courier).
- South Carolina reserve CB Smith out for season (News 2).
- Jose Cuevas named USL Pro Player of the Week (Post & Courier).
- Clemson's Stanton Seckinger appears ready to return after ankle injury (Post & Courier).
- County settles on Neck area property for long-delayed skatepark (Post & Courier).
- Fresh school year, new state standardized tests (News 2).
- Start of school brings traffic and bus delays in Charleston, Dorchester (Post & Courier).
- No school bus on first day (News 2).
- Cops: Summerville high student arrested after writing threatening message (Live 5 News).
- Charleston man, 20, charged with felony DUI in 17-year-old's death was mourning plane crash victim (Post & Courier).
- Special Report part 1: The violence at home (ABC News 4).
- Nobody hurt after 8 shots fired in downtown Charleston fight (Post & Courier).
- Robot and its Mount Pleasant inventor head to Liberia to fight Ebola virus (Post & Courier).
- Study says older, more compact cities are healthier (Post & Courier).
- Man whose life stolen from Facebook: ‘It’s surreal. You’re at a loss’ (ABC News 4).
- ECCO holds first ever job fair (Live 5 News).
- Affidavits: 3 arrested in pot growing operation, 288 plants seized (Live 5 News).
- Brochure helps drivers navigate roundabouts (ABC News 4).
- Charleston Fire Department adds $2 million in new equipment (Live 5 News).
- 3 people arrested following meth charges, baby found in residence (News 2).
- Athletic trainers look to differentiate symptoms of heat stroke and heart attacks (News 2).
- Myrtle Beach campaign aimed at fall visitors (ABC News 4).