Edmund’s Oast will host the next grouping of its quarterly Beer School classes beginning on Monday, September 8th. They will be held each Monday until September 29th.
Brandon Plyler, the Charleston Beer Exchange’s manager, will once again lead the series. Take a peak at this month’s schedule:
- September 8th: Beer and Wood
- Explore the modern day uses of wood in brewing, such as the effects of aging in wooden barrels
- September 15th: Beer and Cheese
- goat.sheep.cow will help pair "adventurous" beer and cheese arrangements
- September 22nd: Grande Italiano
- "This class will demystify the labels and open up a world of fascinating breweries many Americans have been hesitant to try."
- September 29th: German Purity Law
- "In honor of Oktoberfest, this class will dissect the famous Bavarian Reinheistgebot and explain its application to the international brewing industry. Guests will learn about classic styles and gain an appreciation for the highly skilled German brewer’s ability to create exciting beers with only 4 ingredients."
There is a $10 discount for patrons who attend the entire series. Each class begins at 6:30 pm on the patio. The average class will run an hour and a half. To learn more and reserve a space, click here.