- CofC has 2 finalists for the next head basketball coach (News 2).
- No. 9 South Carolina, No. 16 Clemson lose openers (ABC News 4).
- 1 pedestrian killed, another seriously injured in crash on Folly Beach (ABC News 4).
- DOJ probe requested as forensics expert Werner Spitz sees Curnell death as accident (Post & Courier).
Fire closes East Bay Street Saturday afternoon (Post & Courier).
- On this Date in Charleston History: The Great Earthquake of 1886 (HCS).
- SCDNR offering Labor Day boat safety inspections (ABC News 4).
- Labor Day weekend a time to shine for IOP businesses, police (ABC News 4).
- Hogs For The Cause Comes to Charleston this October (HCS).
- Shrimp and Grits Festival Photo Gallery (HCS).
- Politicians come to Chapin for Labor Day parade (News 2).
- Six years on, South Carolina cash flow still hurting (The Digitel).
The Media Wants Thomas Ravenel’s Campaign To Be Fake (FITS News).
Voting squabble pits Republican against Republican (Post & Courier).
- Lyman: More Local Scandal (FITS News).
- Cleveland signs Connor Shaw to practice squad (Go Gamecocks).
- Gamecock loss means Rick Perry keeps trophy + SC governor candidates trade barbs (The State).
- Coastal Carolina posts 31-16 win over The Citadel (ABC News 4).
- Gamecocks and Tigers still can turn season around (The State).
- Accentuate the positive, on and off the field (Post & Courier).
- 5-0 RiverDogs shutout clinches winning season (ABC News 4)
- Watersports week joins restaurant, beer weeks for post-Labor Day tourism blitz (Post & Courier).
- Spurrier says RB Davis doubtful for East Carolina (ABC News 4).
Carolina Panthers face calmer, new-look Bucs (The State).
- State report: College of Charleston men's soccer falls to Seattle, 2-0 (Post & Courier).
- Gamecocks in the NFL: Quarles, Patrick, Legree secure spots (Go Gamecocks).
- Numerous reports of bed bugs at popular Charleston hotel (News 2).
- To solve Ariel Morgan's shooting death, family and authorities appeal to 'somebody somewhere' (Post & Courier).
- French citizens honored during WWII anniversary ceremony at Patriots Point (News 2).
- More seniors taking classes at College of Charleston (Post & Courier).
- Fewer S.C. convicts returning to prison, study finds (Post & Courier).
- Reports of diversity's death at C of C were greatly exaggerated (Post & Courier).
- Nickeled and dimed; For every $27 in cash fares, CARTA will spend $1 to count and deposit the money (Post & Courier).
- Startup Weekend gives the Silicon Harbor 54 hours to develop the next big idea (Charleston City Paper).
- MUSC researchers part of breakthrough drug for heart failure (Post & Courier).
- Grapevine: Boeing 787 carbon fiber scraps get repurposed for the gridiron (Post & Courier).
- Man arrested after fatal hit-and-run accident in Berkeley County (Live 5 News).
- Charleston will get first of two new Coast Guard cutters this fall (Post & Courier).